Today is a very sad day

It was announced that Billy Kametz passed away today

Rest In Peace, it was too soon for him and I truly hope his family is alright

So much I want to say but words don’t really seem to be enough

48 Likes

First Cormag’s VA and now Ferdinand von Aegir’s :feh_sharenacry:

24 Likes

A God damn shame. Still so young. He will very missed by many I’m sure.

20 Likes

I’m so upset. This awful disease snuck up on Billy and stole him away when he was still so young. It’s been said before, but I’ll say it again: fuck cancer.

I’ve lost multiple relatives to cancer… Heck, my maternal grandmother also died of colon cancer. I feel for his family.

25 Likes

He looked so well when he had made the announcement tho. It happened so fast. Saying a prayer for his friends and family, this is surely a tough time for them.

14 Likes

I was literally going to sleep, now I’m staring at the ceiling thinking about how unfair life is. He was young and so talented.

From now on hearing Ferdie’s voice will be a bittersweet experience :orange_heart:

16 Likes

:catsob:
Rest in peace Billy

13 Likes

it is really sad - he was really optimistic about beating it so i hoped. but Colon Cancer is one of the 4 that… you just really don’t come back from if it’s stage 4. most of the time - once you get diagnosed with it it’s not a matter of if - but when.

it really is a crying shame.

19 Likes

It’s a real shame. He went into his hiatus before this hopeful and it really felt like he’d make it out of this. What I’m trying to say is fuck cancer. Today WE ARE ALL FERDINAND AEGIR. :feh_dimitrisalute:

17 Likes

Saw this and my heart dropped. He was so young and seemed like a really great guy. I don’t really know what to say. Praying for his family and loved ones

16 Likes

I just don’t have words, I almost loss someone I loved and admired due to s*icide and it just hurted me
Man
I’m really sorry for Billy
:catcry:

13 Likes

Didn’t he release a video not too long ago talking about how he’d been diagnosed with…pancreatic cancer, I think? Not that I’m assuming that was the cause, but I seem to recall that?

It’s a shame to see him go so young. But if that’s the case, it was almost an inevitability. I just hope he passed in peace and not in pain.

Rest in Peace.

14 Likes

Really sad indeed, playing the new 3hopes and hearing his voice knowing that he won’t be able to hear all the love that I’m sure he would have got it’s heartbreaking

13 Likes

that is the thing. Colon cancer that age really sucks. [i mean cancer at any age sucks, but you know what you mean.] - unless you have a history of it in your family - that’s under the age you would even begin having annual checkups to even see. (which is why it’s so dangerous. the other cervical (ovarian/uteruian), pancreatic and breast). and a LOT of the symptoms are rather neutral in nature so you wouldn’t consider.

the only reason he said he knew was because he started having issues in his back and arm (which was lucky for him because then he knew what he had, could get treatment and probably just have time with his family and loved ones like he said). a lot of times people don’t even get that.

19 Likes

His voice will be remembered by so many. The world lost a talented young soul.

Rest in peace, Billy. And thank you for giving us the gift of hearing your amazing voice. :heart:

16 Likes

Same here. I’ve got relatives right now that are in an uphill battle with it.

Goes double for me: fuck cancer.

15 Likes

In the same boat with family dealing with cancer. I always kinda knew that their chances weren’t great, but this really illuminates how dangerous cancer is.

11 Likes

Man, I was really hoping that this wouldn’t happen. I remember reading the announcement that he had cancer a while ago, and I was praying that all would be well.

He did such a fantastic job with his voice acting too. I’d been playing through Black Eagles too and was really enjoying his performance with Ferdinand.

Cancer really sucks man.

12 Likes

Damn :catcry:
RIP Billy
:ferdysmile:

18 Likes

(hug)

it’s just important to know that - not all cancers are equal. there are a LOT of them that while it does its thing - people can fight it and kick its butt and be in remission for years (if not for the rest of their lives). even really aggressive ones. just try to kep positive thoughts for your family (and I’ll do the same. :) )

15 Likes