Today's Haul (January 11, 2020)

I went out to Seattle today, which is something I never really do. I was with a friend of mine, who I know from College, so everything went okay.

New Pokemon

Since there are new Pokemon, here’s what I got, so far, besides Shelmet and Karrablast:

This hatched outside of Walgreens:

Pupitar got some more candies, but sadly it’s not enough to evolve it, yet. It needs about 8 more candies. What sucked is that I only found ONE Larvitar grunt in Seattle. And… This bitch kept following me:

GO AWAY, SIERRA!!! NOBODY LIKES YOU!!! :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob: I can’t fight you just yet, until Scizor can get rid of Night Slash!

2 Likes

As I said, delete your Rocket Radar and you will not see her until you earn another six Mysterious Components.

Or beat Cliff or Arlo, and she’ll be a non-issue until you get another 6 components.

I can’t beat those two! I’m too scared!

DELETE THE RADAR.

As others have said, delete your radar.

You’re clearly not ready for the rocket leaders yet and I don’t think getting the right moves on Scizor is going to be some magical solution to it. For one, if memory serves from the other thread, it’s going to take a lot of powering up before it’s battle-ready.

It’s nothing to be ashamed about. You’re level 32, and the rocket leaders are basically end-game content. I know plenty of level 40s who struggle with them.

Pardon my ignorance, but can’t you unequip the radar instead of deleting it? I haven’t tried the leaders yet either because I don’t have the typing matrix floating in my brain, so I hit that unequip button to avoid all those nuisance animations. Some day I’ll sit down and make a cheat sheet, but for now, I’m not interested in spending all that stardust to collect a 50% shadow articuno, shiny potential notwithstanding.

2 Likes

OK, first off, remember, this is just a game. No one will take your money away or beat you if you fail.

Second, you don’t need to be afraid of them. Sometimes you don’t win in this game, and that’s all right. When I was first building a Machamp team by doing Machamp raids, I struggled with Dynamic Punch, but I could beat Close Combat. Then I got a handle on Heavy Slam too, and finally I got good enough to beat DP. With a little more work I could even beat them weather buffed. That’s the model.

For all the rocket leaders, they have different teams. Some are easier to beat than others. Read over the guides, and try your best strategies against one or another. If you fail a few times, accept that you’re not ready for that combination, heal up, and move on to another. The good thing about the rocket leaders is that if you fail, you keep the rocket radar, and can try again. In my efforts to get better at beating Machamp, once I spent the raid pass, it was spent, and I got nothing if I couldn’t win.

Another good tip: since the first pokemon is always the same, get yourself in a position to beat that one soundly and have some farmed energy to hit the second pokemon with. Even if you don’t beat the combination, you’ll get better at fighting their lead pokemon, which is useful and good.

Finally, remember that the strength of the rocket leader’s pokemon is a function of your level. I occasionally help my friend by playing his account for him (he’s level 32, I’m 40). The foes he sees are significantly less powerful than the ones I see in the same battle. So just waiting and leveling up isn’t going to make it easier; it might get harder. What you need to do is focus on getting you better at having the right pokemon for the fight you’re in, and using them better in that fight. That’s the secret to beating the Rocket leaders. It isn’t that hard. If you can’t get there yourself, find a local mentor who can help you get over the hump.

Good luck.

I don’t want to delete it, because I don’t know if I’ll have to buy a new one, or if I need 6 components like before.

I’m afraid that if I do, the only way to get it will be with 200 pokecoins.

Yes, you can! @SupaAnimegal, I would recommend this approach over deleting the radar. The Rocket leaders shouldn’t appear at Pokestops until you choose to re-equip the radar.

Just go into your bag, click on the Rocket Radar, select “unequip” and you should be good to go.

1 Like

I threw it away

1 Like

Wait, End game? I’m lvl 32 and most of them are easy with the right team. Also defeated Giovanni using a Lvl 33 Dnite, Lvl 34 Mamos and Lvl 26 Rhyperior

Don’t you worry, you don’t need to spend 200 coins, just defeat 6 grunts and everything will be okie doki… Just unequip the radar once you get it.

Didn’t know that they scaled with your level, my bad. Been level 40 for a while on my main account and don’t tend to do much than raiding on my little account.

Scizor?

I just use a Machamp (L35) and Hariyama (L30) against Sierra and Cliff. Third spot always has whatever buddy i’m getting candies for

Yeah, they do, but a bad team can make it pretty hard to even think of battling

Scizor is the best counter to nearly all of Sierra’s lineup. With Fury Cutter + X-Scissor and/or Night Slash it is very possible to solo Sierra with just one Scizor with or without a 2nd charge attack (I have done it several times, even against Houndoom).

Um… I’m a little afraid to use mine, since it has Night Slash and I’d rather give it a different Bug move, once I can get a Charged TM

Just don’t use Scizor then. I can still easily defeat Sierra (whatever lineup) with my team of D.Nite/Swampert/Magnezone.