Toilet paper question

When people call the Divine codes “toilet paper” or “,red toilet paper” are they making fun of it or if it just a way to divide the real gamers from the fake gamers? I can’t tell, usually the gamer lingo isn’t insulting which leads me to think it’s making fun of them, but I can’t understand why people would make fun of such a good mechanic. If it is an insult, can someone explain the criticism???

6 Likes

:feh_lynstare:

7 Likes

It’s actually papyrus

9 Likes

Could just be an unfunny joke? :ferdbirb:

That and someone said before how DC is a common skill and Divine Codes itself is long to type out. It really ain’t but who am I to judge

5 Likes

It’s mostly a joke. But it’s also that people don’t like typing out “Divine Codes” and “DC” is already taken as an abbreviation. Therefore “TP” = “toilet paper” = “divine codes”

9 Likes

It’s kinda weird.

In Dragalia Lost people call these toilet paper too

I guess all paper is toilet paper if you’re desperate enough.

10 Likes

Ftfy

3 Likes

:fgo_ereshmentarymydear:
What if you get paper cuts

3 Likes

I guess it’s related to the pandemic of Kronyavirus. Back in March, when the virus was starting to be a very serious issue, the toilet papers in supermarkets were sold out too early. There was a large demand for toilet paper and people couldn’t afford it because it was so hard to find!

The Divine Codes came around the same time. It was something rare that players wanted as soon as possible to get their hands on Distant Counter, Fortress Def/Res 3, Mirror Impact, etc.
Getting all the manuals would take far too long and players might have associated it with the scarce of toilet papers on supermarkets. Since they’re both rare and made of paper, players started naming Divine Codes as “Toilet Papers”.

It’s just a theory :feh_legion:

10 Likes

I think it’s a joke that came when Divine Codes appeared, but its actually convenient so we can use TP and not DC. I don’t think it’s a pejorative term, nor a way to talk shit (lol) of this mechanic.

5 Likes

All paper is bandages if you’re desperate enough

3 Likes

All people are food if you’re hungry enough

9 Likes

actually that’s DIVINE pulse

3 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

I have to like this because Persona 4.

1 Like

Yeah it had perfect timing with the toilet paper shortage, lending itself to a lot of jokes.

2 Likes