Unit Rework Suggestion: Elise, Light in the Dark

Thos is not one of my typical unit suggestions than many probably expected. This week, I have something different I want to do. I want to try a rework of an existing unit. Consider it a hypothetical Brave variant, if you like.

Elise: Light in the Dark

“I just want my family to stop killing each other.”

Elise is the youngest daughter of the five Nohrian children and the daughter of King Garon and an unnamed concubine.

STATS
HP: 33
ATK: 39
SPD: 36
DEF: 21
RES: 26
MOV: Cavalier

BST: 155

SKILLS
Weapon: Moonlight (Staff) - “MGT: 14.
Damage from unit’s staff will be calculated the same as other weapons. Restores HP = 50% of damage dealt. After combat, if unit attacked, restores 7 HP to allies within 2 spaces of unit and foes within 2 spaces of target take 7 damage.”
Support: Elise’s Staff - "Restores HP = 50% of Atk +10. (Minimum of 15 HP.) If Special CD=0, all other allies recover 10 HP. "
Special:
A: Distant Defense 4 - “If foe initiates combat and uses bow, dagger, magic, or staff, grants Def/Res+8 and neutralizes foe’s bonuses (from skills like Fortify, Rally, Etc.) during combat.”
B: Dazzling Staff - “The enemy cannot counterattack.”
C: Ward Cavalry - “Grants cavalry allies within 2 spaces Def/Res+4 during combat.”

Me? Wanting to draft an improvement for Elise?
Shocking.

Basically, since Elise is still locked at a 5* unit for no verifianly justified reason, I wanted to take a stab at making my bby worth the 5* wall. I had to break my general rule of not drafting a unit beyond their archetypes’s highest BST, but standard Elise still has the second-highest BST for CavHealers by a single point. The only cav healer with a higher BST than Elise is Ethlyn at 145 (Elise/Maribelle/Priscilla) vs 146 (Ethlyn).
Ouch.
Even Veronica has less BST than Elise; but she has AoE buff/debuffs to make up for it.
So I bumped her BST to match Brave Camilla. Still not phenomenal, but cavheals are in the tank, stat-wise. As of posting this, I’m considering dropping her BST by five points and reducing her stats by 1 apiece to match, since I’m not technically suggesting a Brave unit.

REASONING
Moonlight: Generally portrayed as Elise’s weapon of choice; Moonlight is generally a tome. However, as Elise is a healer, I opted to reclass is as a staff so she can still use it. Moonlight has an absorb effect, so I opted to translate that into Heroes as an Absorb effect, though I tweaked it a bit to make it stand out, similar to how B!Camilla’s Sanngriðr is a suped-up Gravity staff. Since Absorb+ give a Breath of Life effect, I opted to give Moonlight a secondary Savage Blow effect. Sinilar to Brave Veronica’s AoE effect, but health smokes instead of stats smokes.
Elise’s Staff: Elise’s eponymous staff in Fates. It should just be a standard heal, but as far as I know, we don’t have any PRF healing staffs; so I decided to take some liberties by expanding on standard Elise’s Recover and add in a free Heavenly Light effect that triggers if CD=0, as Elise’s Staff has a high range of effect in Fates.
Distant Defense: Frankly, I wanted to make her A-skill be ATK/RES Push 4; but considering the effect of her staff, it seemed a little…contradictory, so I opted for more of an antimage inclination through Distant DEF.
Dazzling Staff: Both top-tier healers, B!Camilla and B!Veronica, both have an innate Dazzling Staff in their weapon with Wrathful as a B-skill. I just wanted to differentiate a bit. No real reason beyond that.
Ward Cavalry: When in doubt, movement buff.

Thoughts on my idea? Comments, maybe? Concerns? Lemme know, feedback is welcomed. If you have someone you want me to take a crack at, feel free to ask that, too.

Archived Unit Suggestions

Batch 1

Kaze, Easygoing Ninja
Aversa, the Dark One
Vaike, Zero to Hero
Inigo, the Flower Picker
Shinon, the Deadly Adept
Kjelle, the Fair Fighter
Panne, the Proud Taguel
Tatiana, the Saint of Duma
Kana(♂), the Child of Dragons
Kana(♀), Dragon Spawn
Velouria, the Wolf Cub

Batch 2

Kellam, the Oft-Forgotten
Walhart, the Conqueror
Hardin, the Dark Emperor
Gharnef, Dark Pontifex
Astram, Midia’s Pride
Reina, Morbid Fixation
Rudolf, Rigelian Emperor
Gangrel, Mad King
Berkut, Duma’s Knight
Nergal, Dark Druid
Say’ri, Blade Princess

Batch 3

Kiran, Legendary Summoner
Lianna, Aytolesian Princess
Anankos, Silent Dragon
Atlas, Village Protector
Rinkah, Scion of Flame
Altina, the First Apostle
Byleth, Observer of Time
Edelgard, Imperial Princess
Dimitri, Holy Heir
Sylvain, Sincere Knight

4 Likes

WAIT WHAT

6 Likes

She’s part of the 1st Gen that never got demoted for dumb reasons. Not really that surprising.

7 Likes

Yup. I have no idea why. As much as I love my Elise, she really doesn’t have any justifiable reason to still be 5* locked.

But she is.

3 Likes

Tbh I didn’t really know she existed, but I though she was 4 Star and that I just never got her.
That’s actually ■■■■■■■ ■■■■■■■■.

8 Likes

Yes it is. Still salty she showed up instead of Takumi during his weekly banner

2 Likes

I mean, at the time, she has a really high atk for a healer

3 Likes

Fair enough. I hadn’t gotten her for the longest time and when she showed up the Legendary banner I got her on I was like “Oh, right. you exist. Forgot the Colorless options are so barren.”

2 Likes

Yeah but her HP is laughably low (it’d be 27 at level 40 btw)

2 Likes

True. At the time, her status was warrant. Now, though?

Ehhh…

4 Likes

I would do something like this, but it requires a lot of premium investment.

She isn’t really that good these days considering almost everybody has a B!Veronica

Or B!Camilla.

Why is why I drafted this updated version of Elise.
It’s no small secret that she’s my bby and I must protecc.

2 Likes

Yeah… one hit from anything is death for her

2 Likes

I wish she was more available :elisad:

She was,before B!Camilla,my favourite healer to use.

1 Like

That’s quite OP, but also seems fun

She’s still my favorite. Just not my strongest, sadly.

2 Likes

Yeah…this one pretty much completely replaced her.

2 Likes

This is the one I use, though I still need Martyr for her.

2 Likes

She really should have come with Martyr by default. Her base kit is practically screaming for it.

2 Likes