Unit Suggestion: Dimitri, Holy Heir of Faerghus

Now that I’ve fired up my unit suggestions again, I’m back. New week, new unit. This week, I wanna warm up with some new characters in anticipation of the new game.

Dimitri: Holy Heir

“Someone must put a stop to this cycle of the strong trampling the weak.”

Dimitri is the prince of the Holy Kingdom of Faerghus and a student at the Officer’s Academy in Garreg Mach Monastery. As the prince of his country, he is also the house leader of the Blue Lions.

STATS
HP: 40
ATK: 34
SPD: 26
DEF: 30
RES: 27
MOV: Cavalier

BST: 157

SKILLS
Weapon: Holy Lance (Lance) - “MGT: 16. Enables counterattack regardless of distance if this unit is attacked. If unit has a blessing active during the current season, enemy cannot make a follow-up attack.”
Support: Rally ATK/DEF+ - “Grants Atk/Def+6 to an adjacent ally until the end of the turn.”
Special:
A: Fierce Stance - “Grants Atk+6 during combat when this unit is attacked.”
B:
C: Hone Cavalry - “Grants adjacent cavalry allies Atk/Spd+6 through their next actions at the start of each turn.”

Following Byleth my ideas for the ineavitably-upcoming Three Houses characters, I’m going to draft ideas for the House leaders. Last time was Edelgard, this week we travel to the Hply Kingdom of Faerghus and it’s heir, Dimitri. Where Edelgard filles the roll of a leader, buffing and supporting her allies, Dimitri fills the role of a regal wall. I decided to make him a Cavlier based on the fact that Edelgard’s canon promotion is armored and Claude’s gets a Wyvern, likely a flier. With Byketh being Infantry, Cavalier Dimitri rounds out the movement types. As the Royal prince, Dimitri takes to the feont lines to lead his people into battle. In 3H, his personal skill is “Royal Lineage,” but I have no idea what kind of skill it is.

REASONING
Holy Lance: Without much to go on for what we know they can do, I decided to try for an idea taht had been rattling around my head for a while, buffs granted to the unit through their Blessings. Beyond just what a Legendary unit offers, these buffs are active as long as their blessing is active, Mythic/Legendary Hero present or not. If Dimitri is on the field with a Wind Blessing during the Wind season, enemies cannot make follow-ups whether Gunnthra is there or not. Of course, Gunnthra would give him her Wind stat boost, but she is not needed for his spear’s effect.
Rally ATK/DEF+: From the trailers we have seen, Dimtiri adoots a much more aggressive personality post-timeskip. This seemed like a skill that would benefit his later personality.
Fierce Stance: A skill borrowed from Cipher. On all three of his cards, he has a skill that grants him +10 ATK. I could have given him Deathblow 3, but with his DC Lance, Fierce Atance seemed to sync better.
Hone Cavalry: Again inspired by his aggressive nature post-timeskip, I decided to give him an aggressive team buff.

Thoughts on my idea? Comments, maybe? Concerns? Lemme know, feedback is welcomed. If you have someone you want me to take a crack at, feel free to ask that, too.

Archived Unit Suggestions

Batch 1

Kaze, Easygoing Ninja
Aversa, the Dark One
Vaike, Zero to Hero
Inigo, the Flower Picker
Shinon, the Deadly Adept
Kjelle, the Fair Fighter
Panne, the Proud Taguel
Tatiana, the Saint of Duma
Kana(♂), the Child of Dragons
Kana(♀), Dragon Spawn
Velouria, the Wolf Cub

Batch 2

Kellam, the Oft-Forgotten
Walhart, the Conqueror
Hardin, the Dark Emperor
Gharnef, Dark Pontifex
Astram, Midia’s Pride
Reina, Morbid Fixation
Rudolf, Rigelian Emperor
Gangrel, Mad King
Berkut, Duma’s Knight
Nergal, Dark Druid
Say’ri, Blade Princess

Batch 3

Kiran, Legendary Summoner
Lianna, Aytolesian Princess
Anankos, Silent Dragon
Atlas, Village Protector
Rinkah, Scion of Flame
Altina, the First Apostle
Byleth, Observer of Time
Edelgard, Imperial Princess

He seems pretty neat
His stat line seems pretty good, just I feel the weapon is a little OP
But it seems good

1 Like

I can see where it’d seem OP, which is why I toned his SPD down. While his spear may act as a situational Wary Fighter while he has a blessing active, at 26 SPD he’s not going to make much capitalization on doubling without Quick Riposte.
It’s more a test of my idea to utilize belssings more, anyways. :man_shrugging:t3:

Well the issue with utilizing blessings is that you can just switch blessings
Maybe weaken it a little bit

He’s cool and all, but I think his weapon is too similar to F!Berkut’s, just without the 20 damage “penalty”. Maybe make him an infantry? There aren’t that many, and we already have a ton of lance cavs.

Edit: his crest allows doubles attacks, so maybe you can incorporate that somehow?

It’s not like Berkut’s, though. Berkut’s entire lance relies on the enemy having range 2 and to be within Goad range, Dimitri’s DC is permanant and blocking an enemy’s followup is seasonal and does not rely on his proximity to allies. It’d be more accurate to say that the Holy Lance is closer to Gradivus than Kreimhild, honestly.
Also, not making him Infantry. As I stated, with four characters from 3H and four movement types, each is getting a different type. Byleth was Infantry, Edelgard was Armored, Dimitri is Cavalier, and Claude will be Flying.