Unorthodox hero choices

After seeing two posts on here it had me thinking: Will we ever get banners with weird hero options? Like a Genealogy banner filled with only substitute kids (Looking at Laylea and Hawke) or some of Fates’ capturable bosses? (Kumagera, Haitaka, Funke and Candace were memorable in my mind. More than Zola or even Hans.) I mean, the closest thing we’ve got to that imo was Mustafa in book 4.

Do you guys think it’s a waste of a banner?

5 Likes

Until other more popular choices are in, yes

FE4 replacements less so, I think, since it’s very easy to end up with at least one or two (well two, they come in pairs) in your army if you don’t perfectly pair everyone.

1 Like

it certainly would be. people pay for who they want to see, not characters people don’t think about.

1 Like

It’s possible, they could be Voting Gauntlet nominees.

You already got an unorthodox hero coming with CYL5 : gatekeeper!
Prepare yourself for brigand boss for CYL6!
There is a lot of unorthodox heroes that are already in the game, Rein for exemple, Gangrel, Kronya, etc…
So it’s almost certain we’ll get more as the game get older

5 Likes

I genuinely fear Brave Bridgand Boss next year. The fools who wrecked a chance with a meme will be emboldened and jump to him next. New CYL voting rule: Character must have a name.

For Awakening, Priam is the second highest CYL5 scoring character (after Miriel) who isn’t in Heroes in any form and he’s a spotpass bonus character. With the Fates paralogue bosses, I could easily see them as GHBs at some point, not doing a Mustafa who also should’ve been a GHB if anything.

1 Like

I don’t think brigand boss will be elected next year. He is nowhere near the popularity of Gatekeeper, nor he is as meme-material as him.
Gatekeeper won mainly because of the controversy of CYL4 which was 3h only

4 Likes

Interesting take,but that’s not something i’d pull for as far as fe4 is concerned because I’ve never used any of the substitute characters (although skills my change my mind).

1 Like

I mean Gangrel was the primary antagonist of Awakening’s first arc, I wouldn’t call that an unorthodox pick. As much as I dislike her, Kronya is a pretty logical pick too. Since TWSITD are the only notable characters in 3H that are antagonistic in every route. Most others depend on what route you pick.

1 Like

EYH91L3
In my opinion Candice would be a cute option for a Fates GHB
She is my favorite among those people and her introduction would satisfy a lot of people
She’s a cute girl :feh_flaynyay:
She is of different build so people stops complaining about there not being diversity even though FE is one hell of a saga with a lot of colors
So really she would be pretty neat

2 Likes

It why I like her so much, even though she’s one of the shittier bosses that comes with no skills when captured. Kumagera and Haitaka really don’t have anything complex personality wise but it’d be nice to get a GHB with one of them cuz their impact in CQ playthroughs are great. (Certain Blow, Darting Blow, Death Blow and Counter+Countermagic was a really great build to delete foes safely if Arthur wasn’t your jam.)

2 Likes

Kronya is a litteral one chapter boss, as much as Mustafa (even if she have a little bit more screening time) so if Mustafa is a “unorthodox” choice, then Kronya is too.

4 Likes

Agreed. I hate kronya. Mostly I hate that they made her really good in FEH for some godforsaken reason.

4 Likes

I hate her even more because of DK… He was so good in 3h yet so bad in feh… When Kronya was so bad in 3h and so good in feh…
Can’t wait to have his prf refined and making him way better! (And plz add a foe initiate condition…)

4 Likes

Also that.

Maybe at least we can have a badass Jeritza

2 Likes

It’s a matter of context. 3H is a very different game from Awakening. Awakening has very clear characters who are protagonists and antagonists. Meanwhile outside of TWSITD and FE, 3H doesn’t aside from a few bandits like Kostas and Miklan. Whether a given character is protagonistic or antagonistic depends on who you side with (and possibly recruit). Which limits the amount of proper antagonists that can be added.

2 Likes

Yeah, but in that scenario even Kostas shows up more than Kronya.

Also out of all the TWSID why is Kronya the best/strongest? I don’t so much mind her existence in FEH, so much that she is so much better than all other GHBs (even Solon who, ya know, killed her)

Like Rutger, Navarre and so on get killing edge and you’re done, but kronya, who’s the same but a boss, gets this needlessly powerful weapon (her weapon was basically just an evil looking killing edge IIRC, and her in game skills weren’t that remarkable–like say Death Knight).

3 Likes

I can think of two reasons why

3 Likes

■■■■ if I know
I mean I don’t like it either. I absolutely hate Kronya. She might be my most hated character in the series. I just think her inclusion does make sense considering how few unambiguously antagonistic characters 3H has compared to most other games.

3 Likes

Like I said, it’s not her inclusion I mind, it’s the fact she’s good.

I would hate her a lot less if she were generic as hell, and only those who liked her in 3H (or build based on…other reasons) built her.

5 Likes