Unpopular opinion, maybe

I really like Yamada’s artstyle on the units he drew.

Ogma, Gunter, Jagen, Zephiel, Bantu.

That is all.

13 Likes

I don’t mind his artstyle. It’s actually an interesting change of pace to have all four arts of those characters be in differing poses.

6 Likes

I enjoy his art style as well, but I have to say it clashes horrifically with the rest of the games art. I mean that’s going to happen with so many different characters and art styles, but they really stick out.

5 Likes

I believe Idunn has that as well.

3 Likes

The man has a good style. But sometimes his anatomy can be… Off. Look at ogma’s arms, his elbows should not look like that.

8 Likes

:ok_hand:

24 Likes

Bantu might be my favorite of him

3 Likes

I like his artstyle as well, although it arguably just fits Bantu the best.
Also his characters having four completely different portraits is very nice

6 Likes

Bang Dream: Yamada’s Band Party

3 Likes

You want art that sticks out? AKIRA. They haven’t done much but it clashes with a lot of other art in the game.

It’s still good art imo, and you can see that their style has improved/changed with flying Olivia and Astram.

Astram_Neutral

6 Likes

I’ll just pretend I know what that is right :tooobin:

1 Like

Akira is Mendako? Arthur’s artist is Mendako accdg to the game

Dang, and YT! Olivia and Lon’qu are from my favorites :eyes:

Should really start knowing artists better :thinking:

2 Likes

Hmm didn’t notice that. I just always thought they were done by the same artist but maybe not. Although the styles match, so maybe that is their real name.

1 Like

I completely agree. All of the art that he has done for FEH has been really bad imo

1 Like

Comparing early art to now, a lot of it was pretty simple. AKIRA is a notable example. I wonder if it was budget related, because if they can churn out something like this, they could have done more if given the motivation

4 Likes

Eh, I think on its own it’s fine, but with the rest of the art it kind of sticks out like a sore thumb. Yamada and Soeda Ippei I honestly just think have art that looks a bit too realistic looking compared to all the other art. But thats just my two cents

4 Likes

Credit @Banraku

9 Likes

Wow,that’s a reference to Pokémon Red and Blue Honest Trailers :flaynsmile:

6 Likes

That was literally the first thing I subconsciously thought when I saw his neutral art, he’s in the Wrys pose

2 Likes