Unusual units to +10 merge

I think the problem is that he doesn’t really bring anything to the table, at least nothing that’s new. Tharja is arguably better in most cases thanks to her prf and access to IVs. A resistance boon brings her defense to 33/33 with her prf, and her speed is an effective 44. Her HP is lower, so she can’t run Infantry Pulse, I guess, but she has more potential for big damage.

And I think most of the hatred is because of his speedo.

2 Likes

Also the fact that he’s basically a meme. Exacerbated by the fact that IS gave him dumb memey skills instead of decent fodder.

4 Likes

Peak performance right here

2 Likes

But I mean… So was Oliver, and many people loved him.

2 Likes

Memey characters just make them divisive, either people love them or completely hate them for being a meme. much less in between compared to characters that aren’t a meme

1 Like

I guess. I don’t understand why some meme characters are more loved than others, but that’s just the way communities work…

:man_shrugging:

1 Like

Tbf Lorenz “took” the free summer alt spot so people are inclined to hate him more I think. Meme instead of husbando/waifu in a swimsuit for free.

1 Like

I don’t really know what that means. If Lorenz took the spot for another character to get a summer alt then, by that logic, didn’t Oliver take the spot of a regular character that we could’ve gotten for free as well?

1 Like

If you find yourself in need of a bow user, Clarisse might have you covered, with the free copies you can get once from her [Grand Hero Battle] running each week, you can take her to +2 with only needing to spend 60k [Hero Feathers].

Even after refine, she’s not a unit I really see around, she’s still rare — her statline has been underrated for so long and that’s understandable, but at merges it starts to shine, and the refine helped a bunch.
She’s not finished, but even like this she’s been taking care of a lot of stuff here and there:

(If you have Sothe at 4★ and want to work on Clarisse, fodder him for [Life and Death 3], it’s better overall as the refine eliminates the need for bulk for the most part).

No other units come to mind right now and I have 6 +10ed units that aren’t as unusual, but I’ll share more if I find any that I also have

3 Likes

:feh_bylethconfused:

It does, and she has access to 10 [Dragonflower] boosts

1 Like

I know, I was just putting emphasis on that specific phrase because most units have their stats shine at +10 merges, lol.

Ah yeah, sorry for not adding that.

The [Dragonflowers] advantage she has will also give her a little extra edge in stats

1 Like

Mystic boost Wrys wall. You shall not pass!

Different method, same concept:

3 Likes

My first +10. She’s a really good tank but unfortunately after her meh refine she’s kinda peaked but she definently works really well either way.

2 Likes

Mae can be one hell of a powerhouse when invested, and has the extra support of her refine. The kit on mine is old as hell but if I got the chance I’d change it to this:

1 Like

If you want someone that probably has potential to be pretty good I’d consider Ogma (don’t see him too often ever).

2 Likes

I know you mean OG, but since I’ve built both

Also feel like Robin might fall in this category. Looking forward to those resplendent stats :feh_robinsmirk:

3 Likes

Yeah you and I are like the only people who have built Fir even though mine is just a R E S build which doesn’t actually function lol

2 Likes