Along with the recent hiring wave, the FGO subsection of GP is going through a few changes. Over the last year we’ve seen a tremendous improvement in both viewers and content and I think we did a nice job in becoming a great source for FGO guides and writeups. But while patting ourselves on the back is fun, being complacent is just silly, and we want to make some new content in the upcoming months that hopefully will help you greatly in the time to come.
Now, one of these changes is that I am moving from a writer to the FGO Lead position. You’ve hopefully seen me chime in frequently on the forum and that isn’t go to change. I want to make sure that I am always available to help you out as well as respond to feedback (especially awesome stuff like the UI changes or even when we overlook good CE options . You can always summon me with a mention if necessary.
After all, even having this job based on a hobby is a privilege that I wouldn’t be able to do without you guys - for that, I really am rather blessed!
Now, to the interesting bit, and of course these are open to any suggestions from you guys, I want to work on the following things in the months ahead:
Stuff I’d like to work on:
- Cliffnotes on every unreleased Servant so people can look ahead.
- SQ Simulator for the Summon Sim
- Beginner Guide for new players (rerolling, installing outside US, better tutorial)
- New JP Writeups for release day content
- (JP Event coverage - rather than make a full guide, we are thinking of aggregating resources made by others that we source such as best nodes to farm and other hot tips (and drop data once the crowdsource comes in))
- Continue with current NA coverage
- (long term) Upgrade your personal Servant Planner page, I have a few ideas but enacting those will require a lot of data gathering first.
If you have any more ideas, I’d love to hear them. Generally I am aware of many things we can improve but we often lack the time (and the actual devs - I can’t code a simulator ) to enact them quickly.
I hope you’ll enjoy our content for the time to come,