Urvan vs. Null Follow-up

Earlier today, I was running my Refined Brave Ike for a test run. Paired him with a refined Brave Lucina as well and the pair is very fun and omnipotent tbh. However, I threw him into a Legendary Alm and he murdered my Ike (team) completely. His first hit did 60% damage as it should but right after, Ike counterattacked which meant that Alm hit him back with 100% damage (cause thats how it goes). Alm had null follow-up so I was wondering if that canceled the effect of Urvan, in respects to its desperation effect? Can someone school me on if (and if so) how does Null follow-up have anything to do with Urvan pretty please.

This is my Ike, assisted with the fierce/flashing/steady/warding breath lucina.

This is my alm but this was literally the skillset the enemy Alm had, swift sparrow, flashing blade and all.

Null Follow-Up does NOT cancel Urvan’s special refine. He must have had Hardy Bearing.

4 Likes

Null Follow Up does not cancel Urvan. :birbpeek:
Urvan’s effect is kinda like Desperation, so skills that cancel Desperation cancel Urvan.
This includes Hardy Bearing and weapons like Dawn Suzu (If Micaiah somehow doubles) :birbpeek:

4 Likes

I wish I read skills more often. In my head I was so excited to see my Ike tank and murder L!Alm but that must have lead to my demise. Thank you for your help.

1 Like

I didn’t know Keith Urban was a desperate guy :tooobin:

4 Likes

I love you guys lolll.

1 Like

Also my reflection on the refines so far is that Lucina’s and Ike’s refines are the top two refines in the game. Their synergy is “breath”taking. But Im having a lot of fun with them.

1 Like

You must be pretty desperate to make country music.

1 Like

Yeah, they’re bonkers. I commited the big dumb yesterday and summoned on the New Power banner for Lucina even though she’s going to be on a 4% banner in a month… :catdespair:

1 Like

Something told me to keep my three Blucina’s since her debut banner, so i lucked out there. But every Ike I’ve gotten has been foddered (like four). So Im glad they gave us a grace Ike with the Heroes Path.

1 Like

Null Follow-Up only cancels out skills that grant follow-up attacks (and disables skills that stop the user from making a follow-up attack) such as Fighter skills or units with follow-up granting prfs such as Brave Ephraim, Tibarn or Halloween Myrrh.

It does not cancel natural follow-up attacks, so Urvan’s effect will still work

1 Like