Useless Research :feh_confused: Which game has the most characters in Feh by percentage %

A lot of players feel like IntSys favors certain games like Three Houses and the Tellius games, which is definitely true to some extent. However, these games do have a huge roster of characters. A lot of these characters are still waiting for a spot in Heroes.

So, let’s look at this from another angle. I did some research to find out which game has most of their cast already present in the game. Like this: X game has X % of their cast in Heroes.

I included all playable characters, primary antagonists and some story characters with a significant role. (I realize this is subjective, so take the numbers with a grain of salt if you want)

Per game

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
59 playable characters + ~6 primary antagonists / story characters
30 out of 65 characters are present in Heroes
Conclusion: Shadow Dragon has ~46.15% of its main cast in Heroes

Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem
77 playable characters + ~11 primary antagonists / story characters
43 out of 88 characters are present in heroes
Conclusion: New Mystery of the Emblem has ~50.59% of its main cast in Heroes

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
39 playable characters + ~7 primary antagonists / story characters
31 out of 46 characters are present in heroes
Conclusion: Shadows of Valentia has ~67.39% of its main cast in Heroes

Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
63 playable characters + ~9 primary antagonists / story characters
27 out of 72 characters are present in heroes
Conclusion: Genealogy of the Holy War has ~37.5% of its main cast in Heroes

Fire Emblem: Thracia 776
52 playable characters + ~13 primary antagonists / story characters
24 out of 65 characters are present in heroes
Conclusion: Thracia 776 has (roughly) 36.92% of its main cast in Heroes

Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade
54 playable characters + ~8 primary antagonists / story characters (excluded old Hector & Eliwood)
35 out of 62 characters are present in heroes
Conclusion: The Binding Blade has ~56.45% of its main cast in Heroes

Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade
44 playable characters + ~11 primary antagonists / story characters
33 out of 55 characters are present in heroes
Conclusion: The Blazing Blade has ~60% of its main cast in Heroes

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
34 playable characters + ~9 primary antagonists / story characters
24 out of 43 characters are present in heroes
Conclusion: The Sacred Stones has ~55.81% of its main cast in Heroes

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
46 playable characters + ~15 primary antagonists / story characters
37 out of 61 characters are present in heroes
Conclusion: Path of Radiance has ~60.66% of its main cast in Heroes

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
73 playable characters + ~9 primary antagonists / story characters
38 out of 82 characters are present in heroes
Conclusion: Radiant Dawn has ~46.34% of its main cast in Heroes

Fire Emblem: Awakening
43 playable characters + ~11 primary antagonists / story characters
41 out of 54 characters are present in heroes
Conclusion: Awakening has ~75.93% of its main cast in Heroes

Fire Emblem: Fates
69 playable characters + ~9 primary antagonists / story characters
53 out of 78 characters are present in heroes
Conclusion: Fates has ~ 67.95% of its main cast in Heroes

Fire Emblem: Three Houses
40 playable characters + ~13 primary antagonists / story characters
27 out of 53 characters are present in heroes
Conclusion: Three Houses has ~ 50.94% of its main cast in Heroes

In order:

1. Fire Emblem: Awakening: 75.93% (41 out of 54)
  2. Fire Emblem: Fates: 67.95% (53 out of 78)
  3. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia: 67.39% (31 out of 46)
  4. Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance: 60.66% (37 out of 61)
  5. Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade: 60% (33 out of 55)
  6. Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade: 56.45% (33 out of 55)
  7. Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones: 55.81% (24 out of 43)
  8. Fire Emblem: Three Houses: 50.94% (27 out of 53)
  9. Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem: 50.59% (43 out of 88)
  10. Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn: 46.34% (38 out of 82)
  11. Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon: 46.15% (30 out of 65)
  12. Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War: 37.5% (27 out of 72)
  13. Fire Emblem: Thracia 776: 36.92% (24 out of 65)

At the top we have Awakening, it only has a bunch of characters left who are not in the game yet. At the bottom we have the Jugdral games… Not too surprising. I really hope these games get a remake to increase their popularity. Genealogy still has over 50 characters not yet in Feh :feh_lachgasp:

Radiant Dawn is lower than Path of Radiance. But that can be explained since Radiant Dawn has the biggest playable cast out of any Fire Emblem game. Sacred Stone has the smallest playable cast, I wasn’t really aware of that before doing this research. You learn something new with every useless research.

Btw, I’m playing Path of Radiance for the first time now on an emulator, it’s really good so far :feh_ikestare: and I do like Ike

I hope you like this research which will likely be inaccurate in only a few days :ferdbirb:

30 Likes

This is actually quite interesting. I never really think about how many characters are left to get added in each game so this was an interesting list to see

I definitely agree though that the Jugdral games definitely need more characters in the game, as they are the lowest on here

18 Likes

Thracia was even worse off until this last banner with it

And Genealogy’s last banner was the dancer banner and those were all alts

Jugdral is indeed very underrepresented…

15 Likes

My favorite part of this is how Three Houses already has half its cast in the game, while Thracia and Genealogy both have barely over 1/3rd represented.

Proportionally, it’s also weird to see Radiant Dawn be one of the less represented games by percentage of the cast, despite how much focus Tellius has gotten over the last year, or that Echoes has a solid two thirds of their cast in despite getting only alts last year. And of course, that Awakening is still the most represented by percentage despite getting…honestly very little since I’ve started playing.

I am curious about something, though: the tallying of Thracia. According to this, there are only 22 units from Thracia in FEH. Not characters, units. Five of them are alts, so that’s 17 unique characters. So I’m curious who the story-related additions were that put them at 24.

7 Likes

That’s mostly thanks to 3h having a pretty tiny roster tbh

7 Likes

Like, 3h and genealogy have the same number of characters, the difference in percentage is total characters

6 Likes

I don’t think it’s mostly. I don’t even think it’s half the reason. It contributes, but IS is doing its best to get as many characters in as it can while they’re all still popular. And we’re still just getting started, we’ve got at least six more months of this on top of whatever comes from CYL5. Three Houses feels like it’s on track to catch up with the Fates/Awakening level of total representation.

7 Likes

And what’s wrong with that?

5 Likes

Uh what, 3h already has 27 characters in?? That was surprising I thought it was like 15 in my mind

5 Likes

That still doesnt change the fact that we have the same number of 3h characters as genealogy characters

4 Likes

Inherently? Nothing. The game’s popular, of course that’s what they’re doing. It’s just astonishing how fast it’s going. We have half the game in FEH already, and we’re still missing characters from the top ten of their division (Marianne and Ashe). It’s just nuts to think about.

Personally? I’m mostly just burnt out with it at this point. Too much of the same thing in too short a time, in a game that’s supposed to be about the entire series, kinda burns me out of it. But on the other hand, we’re starting off the year with Thracia rep, and Sara got in, which is about all I could want, so I can’t complain about it too much.

Although I’d probably be more okay with it if they started picking options I liked. Every Three Houses banner that passes without proper Rhea representation causes my salt to grow more pure.

5 Likes

That’s mostly because of the non-playable characters.

These characters originated from Genealogy, but they are still important characters in Thracia. That list you linked to are characters exclusive to Thracia. Just like this list of New Mystery, which as you can see excludes a lot of units, not even Marth is on there.

8 Likes

I feel you man, alt heck sucks, and Rhea got the worst possible form of it

11 Likes

Okay, I was wondering who counted, but this is a solid list. So Ishtar, Julius, Travant, Altena, Lewyn, Seliph, and Julia are the seven. That makes sense, thanks for clarifying!

5 Likes

Imo the fact that older games have any representation is good, we cant really expect IS to release alot of banners like this most recent one in a year, this kind of banner is the one for a superfan, the 3h or other popular game ones are the main moneymakers usually, that’s why they make em,

3 Likes

I agree at least in part.

Hey kids, you like words?

I do think it should be obvious that the more recent and popular games will get more focus, because popularity is money. The older, less recognizable games, likely won’t get the same treatment or focus, because…no one knows who they are. It hurts my heart to see what is now my favorite banner be received largely with “Who are these people? Easy skip, can’t wait for more Three Houses.” But I get it.

On the other hand, I do feel like they almost go out of their way to avoid certain games. Until the dancer banner, Genealogy had 0 seasonal units. Thracia got absolutely nothing at all the entirety of last year. Echoes is still waiting on a New Heroes banner and it’s been almost a year and a half, which is weird because that’s a modern game. Meanwhile, Three Houses got two New Heroes banners, the Braves, a Beach banner, and more rep on the Winter banner than the Radiant units who were allegedly the focus. In the last six months they doubled their unit count. And of course, Tellius had a rep on every Seasonal banner all year, barring the two that were exclusive to a different game. They even got on the Fallen banner, and the Brave GHB was Tellius.

I get that the popular game gets more than the less known one, but even accounting for that the ratio feels…really bad. This count took characters that barely count as Thracia characters into account, and it still has less total characters represented than Three Houses, despite being around since FEH began. They’ve had so much time to dedicate to other games that they just…decide not to use. So no, I can’t say I feel grateful about 1/3rd of the game being represented, while almost everything else has half or more, just because “They’re old.”

I don’t think current popularity is enough of an excuse either. Representation in FEH can build popularity for older characters. I mean look at what happened with Reinhardt. While a memetic example, he proves that older characters who aren’t known at all can become fan favorites with the right presentation. When you have an entire year that foregoes even trying to play up old characters, it feels antithetical to the purpose of a game celebrating the series. So while I do get it, popularity dictates a lot, it’s undeniably frustrating when they rarely seem inclined to try with older units, just because they’re not as immediately popular.

11 Likes

Important is a stretch. Travant, Lewyn, Julius, and Julia are all only in one scene each and honestly nothing would have changed if they weren’t in Thracia. Besides Dorias and August, all of these characters are just here as cameos for Genealogy fans or to line up with the events of Genealogy.

I’m honestly surprised how low Radiant Dawn is but it does make me more accepting of their continued representation on seasonal banners, so long as it’s not more alts of characters already in the game. IS really dug themselves into a hole in the beginning of FEH with how little they focused on the older games. There’s no way they can catch up unless IS is willing to dedicate more than one banner a year to them which they aren’t. This leaves seasonals as the only other way to add these characters which really sucks for their fans who would want to +10 these characters but at least they have some version of them in the game.

7 Likes

Well, the fact that IS is a business, a cooperation doesn’t help. They want to make money. So, they’re going to use the most popular game’s most popular characters the most. As much as I understand that the older games aren’t getting as much showtime, it’s no wonder they aren’t. Perhaps we’ll see a boost if Nintendo ever remakes the older games, but until that happens we’re gonna see a lot more of the new.

5 Likes

I think Julius is in a few, actually. But I might be mis-remembering on that.

It is a bit of a confound, especially since not all games would have those possible cameos, but I kinda get why it would make sense. I mean, look at PoR and RD. They’re one character different. If I’m right about the count, it’s because Ashnard is the only PoR character not in RD, while Micaiah and Yune are the only RD characters not in PoR. Separating them out would make RD the least represented game in FEH by a mile with only 2 units unique to that game (because most FEH rep is the Greil Mercenaries), which…isn’t really a fair estimation. You’d have to make concessions somewhere, and for consistency, I think counting the cameo appearances is fair, even if they aren’t really “major players” in a strict sense.

I mean the obvious solution is to just make them the demotes or TT units. Not to be mean, but it’s not like putting the un-appreciated as the free units is something they haven’t been doing. How many people wanted Darros? Then their fans have an easy time merging them up, but everyone else gets to be excited that their favorites are the 5*s bringing the powercreep. I’d take that trade.

2 Likes

To add, someone on twitter brought up the total of alts for each game. This was before the recent Thracia banner:

Source

Comparing to Sothis’ list, I think this one is talking about units whose titles are the ones shown on their profile (like almost every Shadow Dragon unit being labeled as Mystery of the Emblem)

They’re all idiots who think they’re funny. Every trailer shows the title of the character, the game where they came from and people still want attention for bringing nothing important to a conversation. It hurts because it happens every time and they’re the majority.

2 Likes