Vantage in AR today

Who are people using besides B.Byleth and M.Shez?

1 Like

W!Altina with her silly button, at least when I can actually use it fuck duo’s hindrance

1 Like

I know @AniCre001 uses Micaiah. I use Matthew on occasion but the number of debuff ignoring B-Hectors and Saviors in general that shut off his partner Leila’s swap gimmick made that mostly moot.

As far as I know Vantage isn’t used much anymore.

3 Likes

I’m still using Kronya with F!Lilith support and Bolt Tower.
It works 50 to 55% of the time especially when people forget to use Hardy Bearing seal.

V!Palla is also a good choice of mines.

3 Likes

I still find Altina to be one of the best vantage users out there, and mine isn’t even merged. Never used V!Palla but I suppose she can also be great. Actually now that I think about it, M.Shez is pretty good. He comes with brave and is fast enough to bypass windsweep checks.

Anyways I think the vantage cores can be interchangeable, as long as they pack enough oomph to punch through heavy weights. Supports matter a lot more - guys like B!Lucina or Muspell, even S!Thorr are awesome in providing the extra juice.

1 Like

Laslow, SEdelgard, VPalla, and WEphraim are also options. SEdelgard and WEphraim are nice because they can also act as saviors.

I do think Shez is the superior unit though. He can run GLR and Spd Vantage, which allows him to drop WBerni for another support.

1 Like

Actually, he can’t. Spd Preempt is ranged only (it also only works on opposing ranged units)

2 Likes

Oh! Damm it!

(That’s what happens when you don’t pull or care for the CYL banner initial run).

3 Likes

I feel that for most people vantage is something that looks good on paper but barely anyone uses.

Though I haven’t really been playing AR or even checking my defenses a lot of the time, I don’t even remember the last time someone used vantage against me. I imagine in higher levels AR it’s even less common. Compared to how dominant save tanking, hit & run / galeforce are, I can’t see anyone running vantage. Atm there’s almost nothing that can stop a saveball and also stop N!Corrin, and if it can stop them it can probably stop vantage as well.

1 Like

It doesn’t seem hard on dark season. Just Medeus + hardy fighter + deflect magic to block all the N.Corrins and pre-charged lethality (or the abomination that is the latest duo) and then Y.Innes Catria ball (B.Alm should also do quite well) because there’s no Elimine to stop us from pulsing him up to dragon fang which will blast through like 120-135 bulk in one shot blocking %DR (without buffs). Borderline impossible to tank.

2 Likes

Tbh I’m probably biased since I haven’t been bothered with AR in a while lol :fgo_bblaugh:. Other than chaos season, where I only run one N!Corrin galeforce team and don’t bother making any others, and easily get tier 39

Maybe I’m old fashioned for running bolt tower but 50 free damage makes N!Corrin comfier lol

2 Likes

Bolt tower is ridiculous. This single building (not even a team or skill slot) means every defense that doesn’t rush on turn 1/2 should use Medeus.

3 Likes

Yep. Honestly that one building has probably had the longest, most negative impact on AR compared to just about anything I can think of. It’s incredibly overpowered and always has been.

3 Likes

I’m jumping in late here, but my thoughts. I still run V Palla on a chaos team. I hate admitting it but my unmerged is better than my +4 W Altina. M Shez may be better than both, but Palla and that adaptive damage can be incredibly helpful.

As for bolt tower, when the meta skipped over it, I kept using it. Even with Medeus I use it now (not all teams have him), but I admit he changed the way I play ARO drastically. If he isn’t on a team, chances are a save armor is, and bolt is super handy for that.

But sadly vantage isn’t quite the powerhouse it used to be. Still, hardy bearing seal is hardly ever used, and if you find an all glass cannon team, that is your chance to strike. Just know which enemies bypass vantage (ie L Liliana, windsweepers, etc)

2 Likes