W Skill Mastery, Oppinion + Share

Hello,

So yes I’m one of the lucky golden ticket that got W, but I need your help, especially if you’re an experienced player.

I would like now to Master her skill , but I don’t really know which one to start, which one to prioritize (possibly for the next CC coming up)
I have to say, I’m not much into high level gaming, I’m more of a collector, so I’m more willing to Master a skill that is “crazy good” for my friend list to use (during CC I suppose) rather than Mastering whaterver. Hence why I’m here asking for your oppinion instead of just going on my own.
Also I will leave you my profile ID at the bottom of this post if you want to add me to use W (for CC or not), I also put Silence ( E2 Skill 2 Master 1 ) and Utage ( E2 Skill 2 Master 3 ). So feel free : D .

That beeing said here are my basics thoughts on the skills, if you know your sh!t around the game, let me know what you think and if I’m wrong.
At any rate thanks for reading this and taking time to help.

W Skills:
-K of Hearts
I think it’s a bit like Meteorite skills, except you decide when to trigger it and it has stunt for 3seconds. (assuming M3) So it’s basic “moar damage” shot as you can find on a lot of Sniper, except you get to decide when to trigger it.
However, considering the amount of damage (350%) , and the “relatively low” SP Cost, that kind of fit with Metor Skill 2 , or Metorite Skill 2 , I think if you have either of these operator, you can do a big wombo-combo since Meteor/Metorite will lower the Def (-40% or -330) just before you throw that big W Card.
The jump from 310% to 350% and 2.1sec to 3sec stunt is worth tho’… I… think ?
Let me know.

-Jack-in-the-box
I really like this one, putting mines everywhere to mess with the ennemies are fun and it does really good damage. Plus at M3 you got it every 8 SP and it stunt for 2.2 seconds, so I really see a use to that (and a fun one).
The only real downside I see is the fact the mines is RNG in your field of action, so depending on the map’s layout, it could be really controllable (like these tunel path map or one where you’re in front of the enemy line) or… well… RNG.
So sometimes it could go bad , and I have to admit I didn’t check the CC’s map to know.

-D12
I don’t know. When you play it, it’s cool for sure, the animation is cool, the idea is cool and it’s what she used against you during the story.
But it’s a bit slow, 33 Sp cost is a bit long to wait , and it does basically the same amount of damage than “K of Hearts” (310% vs 350%) , except to a big chunk of ennemies (4), but you can throw 2 “K of Hearts” for 1 “D12”. (16SP vs 33 , so litterarly 2 KoH)
I suppose it could be usefull in some situation when a biiig wave of enemy are coming together ?
The step from M1 to M3 is worth tho’. I mean if you have to use this one, I would use it as M3.
(I’m taking out the Initial SP, because since we’re probably watching for CC, I’m focusing more on Long Deployment time rather than short one that use the skill one time)

Here it is, I hope it wasn’t too big of a post and not filled with too much bad engrish.
Keep in mind I wrote this to give my thoughts and see where I’m wrong, coming from experienced players, this is by no means at all a tutorial or what I claim as truth.
So if you’re still reading, thanks for reading and I hope you can give me your oppinions and advices, or at the very least what you would want to use as SKill in a Support unit (for CC or not).

Also as promise here my ID, feel free to add :)
Toxic#7207

P.S: Also while I’m at it, in case some one can also answer this: Is there any point in Mastering Silence’s Skill 2 , the Drone ? Aside from having a slightly lower Sp cost ? Thanks sorry if it’s off topic.

-K of Hearts
I think it’s a bit like Meteorite skills, except you decide when to trigger it and it has stunt for 3seconds. (assuming M3) So it’s basic “moar damage” shot as you can find on a lot of Sniper, except you get to decide when to trigger it.
However, considering the amount of damage (350%) , and the “relatively low” SP Cost, that kind of fit with Metor Skill 2 , or Metorite Skill 2 , I think if you have either of these operator, you can do a big wombo-combo since Meteor/Metorite will lower the Def (-40% or -330) just before you throw that big W Card.
The jump from 310% to 350% and 2.1sec to 3sec stunt is worth tho’… I… think ?
Let me know.

I wouldn’t actually recommend M3ing this skill, especially if you happen to have either of Meteorite’s Skills M3. Although this skill allows for more control in deciding who to stun, Meteorite will ultimately beat her in terms of overall DPS either thanks to the spammability of S1, or the large Def Debuff on S2. W’s S1 does have a slightly higher Atk Multiplier, but it’s not that much higher and I don’t think it’s enough to justify M3ing this skill for anything other than love

Jack-in-the-box
I really like this one, putting mines everywhere to mess with the ennemies are fun and it does really good damage. Plus at M3 you got it every 8 SP and it stunt for 2.2 seconds, so I really see a use to that (and a fun one).
The only real downside I see is the fact the mines is RNG in your field of action, so depending on the map’s layout, it could be really controllable (like these tunel path map or one where you’re in front of the enemy line) or… well… RNG.
So sometimes it could go bad , and I have to admit I didn’t check the CC’s map to know.

Keep in mind that the mines aren’t entirely random. W will always place a mine near an enemy which is closest to the objective marker, it’s only when there are no enemies present on the field and within her range that she starts to place them randomly. This skill is best used when you need a source of consistent Stun and DPS, usually this means long running maps like Annihilation, but it’s also useful for shorter maps where enemies come out in steady streams rather than fixed large waves

-D12
I don’t know. When you play it, it’s cool for sure, the animation is cool, the idea is cool and it’s what she used against you during the story.
But it’s a bit slow, 33 Sp cost is a bit long to wait , and it does basically the same amount of damage than “K of Hearts” (310% vs 350%) , except to a big chunk of ennemies (4), but you can throw 2 “K of Hearts” for 1 “D12”. (16SP vs 33 , so litterarly 2 KoH)
I suppose it could be usefull in some situation when a biiig wave of enemy are coming together ?
The step from M1 to M3 is worth tho’. I mean if you have to use this one, I would use it as M3.
(I’m taking out the Initial SP, because since we’re probably watching for CC, I’m focusing more on Long Deployment time rather than short one that use the skill one time)

Alright let’s take this one by one

But it’s a bit slow, 33 Sp cost is a bit long to wait

Although that 33 SP Cost needs 33 Seconds to recharge, keep in mind that’s when the game is running at the normal 1X Speed. The skill is actually a lot more spammable than you’d expect, and it’s actually a fairly short skill cooldown compared to a lot of the other ones in the game

and it does basically the same amount of damage than “K of Hearts” (310% vs 350%) , except to a big chunk of ennemies (4), but you can throw 2 “K of Hearts” for 1 “D12”. (16SP vs 33 , so litterarly 2 KoH

First, remember that each Bomb planted is capable of dealing damage to any enemy near it. This means that for each bomb planted you’re dealing 310% of W’s Atk, and with all 4 that’s an effective damage multiplier of 1240% if all 4 enemies are close to each other. To use your own words, it would be like throwing 4 “K of Hearts” for the price of 2. This is by far W’s best skill and is one of the best nukes in the game, able to tackle even High Def with its raw power alone. I recommend this skill highest for M3

As for which skill to use for CC :feh_lucyshrug:

I’m trying to stay relatively in the dark about the new map

4 Likes

Honestly, it kinda depends on how you’re playing her, but I’d definitely recommend S3 based on what I know about W/her competition. S2 is also a good mastery choice, and like Arcana said S1 is pretty much a waste if you have either of Meteorite’s skills mastered, and even if you don’t it’s not really as worth

However, even if you do decide to M3 her S2, I’d at least get her 3rd skill to M1 for the extra target

About Silence, not really, the only thing that’s gained from mastering the skill is lower SP cost. That doesn’t mean it’s a bad mastery choice, though, especially if you’re using Silence as your main medic. Extra uptime is always appreciated.

1 Like

I personally recommend to go for her 2nd skill and 3rd skill (Jack-in-the-box and D12), especially D12.

The way I see it, unlike other stages (like those in SideStories and main chapters), CC events focus on controlling and DPS more. In a CC event stage, normal mobs are no big deal, but there’ll be several mobs that poses the most threat in this stage. The main idea about CC is pretty much to control (using effects like slow, stun and bind), isolate, and DMG output. W’s D12 can do both control and DMG output, so maybe you can prioritize D12 as the first M3 skill for W.

As for her 2nd skill, if no enemy is within W’s range, then it’s pretty much totally random. It’s pretty good at holding mobs back for a little while, and wait for your DPS ops’ SP to get fully charged though.

2 Likes

I like using her D12 when there is a group of enemies just to see them disappear off the map. If they didn’t died from having a bomb shoved up their exit holes then they’re stunned due to the sheer pain alone. Her S3 is her best one imo.

3 Likes

D12 to start. The mines stick to an enemy for a time giving said enemies the chance to travel across the map. These mines can stick to any enemies including drones. If you time it right you can actually get a lot of map coverage with the resulting explosion. Drones and those speedy wraiths/runner dudes are really good for this.

Jack-in-the-box is a bit problematic depending on the map. If you have a steady flow of enemies down a limited area it’s perfect.The problem is that without enemies the mine placement is indeed RNG dependent resulting in some weird placements - like in far off corners on a ranged tile that only a drone will go by. Drones don’t trigger the mines so it’s an utter waste of the skill. This skill also has the least stun duration so won’t get as much bonus damage.

1 Like

Hey thanks everyone for your replies, it does greatly help me

Keep in mind that the mines aren’t entirely random. W will always place a mine near an enemy which is closest to the objective marker

I didn’t know about that, so indeed the RNG factor is almost absent then, which make the skill really great as long as you’re not in a Drone oriented map.
I knew that the S1 was a bit of a Meteorite copy , but I wanted a wombo-combo, but I guess it ain’t worth it, at least for the short term. Thanks a lot for providing these data, I know at least it’s better to use Meteorite if I want that S1 type of use. (good thing we can master each skill hey )

So based on all your replies I guesss I will go for S3 then, hoppefully I will have enought time to M3 it for the people that want to use her ( gotta farm for these Dormitory first now the event started)

@ ArcanaApocalypse Thanks for all the explanation that helped and I will focus on that 3rd skill (and the 2nd one 'cause I find it cool)

Thanks everyone for your oppinion and thoughts on that, you helped me choose correctly, I hope some people will be happy to have a W for their CC.

Cheers ~♥

P.S: @ PessimistPuglet Yeah I kinda figured, I wanted to be sure just in case there were something I was unaware of. As you said it’s always appreciated but deffinitely not a priority when you’re a F2P

2 Likes

I found this article interesting, i hope it will help.
I have started using W after reading it :).

1 Like

Thanks for sharing I’m gonna take a look at it :)

1 Like

Honestly S2 is a bit frustrating in that it doesn’t discriminate who it explodes for. An originium slug can trip 2-3 of them when W can kill them with just her normals. You don’t want this to happen if, say, you’re saving them for Ice Cleavers since they always comes out after ice slugs. When the wave is like that you effectively have no skill up for the enemies that truly matters. If you’re only going to Master one skill, make it S3.