What fe game dragged you in?

I started off with path of Radiance. My bebe ass saw the trailer and it stuck with me… I just had to have it so I got it for my birthday. It, was nothing like I expected. I remember thinking it was going to be pokemon but with soldiers. And it kinda was, and it mostly wasnt. I hadnt expected 0 overworld and chess piece maps.

But as a bebe 12 year old you play what you get cause thats all your getting till christmas. And I loved it. I became obsessed with fe games after this.

My younger brother told me he used to think Soren was a hot girl when we were kids the other day. I told him that Soren was a he. His reaction pleases me.

Trailer I saw as a bebe.

16 Likes

All of them :feh_birbpeek:

12 Likes

Awakening cause Spotpass just loved to drop demos on you like they were going out of style

9 Likes

Awakening.

I actually had no idea Fire Emblem even existed until I saw some of my friends at school playing it a couple years ago. The combat was the only thing I saw at the time (and by combat I mean actual game play) and was instantly hooked.

12 Likes

Heroes.

6 Likes

FE8

That thing was epic

9 Likes

Path of Radiance was technically my first FE experience, but I was young and dumb and couldn’t appreciate it for what it was worth other than thinking “that Ike guy from Smash” was hot. Then a couple years later, I saw the Awakening trailer and I thought I’d give it a shot. 1000+ hours later, I was too deep in the rabbit hole to go back.

7 Likes

At first, Sacred Stones since I got it on my 3DS due to the ambassador thing, but I stopped since I was really bad at strategy games at the time and Valter was pissing me off in the desert chapter (I could easily kill him normally, but I wanted to kill him with Cormag, who wouldn’t land a frickin’ hit).
Then I played Awakening, loved it and it dragged me into the fandom.

7 Likes

Fire Emblem…HEROES!!!

12 Likes

Heroes :feh_legion:
It did it’s job of promoting the franchise very well, I’m sure many new people got to know FE through Heroes. :feh_birbpeek:

8 Likes

Sacred Stones. It was free as a member of the 3DS ambassador program. Although I sucked at it back then and never beat it. Awakening was the first one I actually beat and really hooked me on the series, and probably still my favorite.

5 Likes

One of the best things about heros is that it introduced many to fire emblem by being a mostly ftp cell game. :catpole:

5 Likes

I started with Radiant Dawn kinda just on a whim as an early Wii title to play. And the strategy mechanics and maps got me to try other games in the series. And it was all downhill from there, if only past me knew

Okay I have had lots of fun with the likes of Binding Blade, MotE, PoR, and Genealogy. But after playing all these other FEs Thracia is basically the only one I haven’t played made me realize though that RD is the best one.

4 Likes

Man we had a near identical introduction to the series lol.

6 Likes

I lost my copy as a dumb ass bebe and I need to replace it cause valter was a funny bunny

3 Likes

Noobs: hello guys I just played the Feh game and I really wanna play the main game, so should I start with Fates or Awakening?

FE fanbase:

5 Likes

Whoa, I hadn’t even read your post! Interesting! :feh_eirikathink:

5 Likes

Im scared. :catlie:

4 Likes

Luckily you can’t lose your copy when it’s digital :feh_thinkinglikelukas:
Although unfortunately I loaned my copy of Awakening to a friend and never got it back :feh_elisad: I wonder if he still has it.

4 Likes

Hi Scared I’m Halo :feh_rein:

3 Likes