What have I done? This is still my first run

I don’t have video proof of it happening so I went on youtube

Keep in mind that I’m still on my first run off fe:3h and that I haven’t started the mission for that month yet. So anyways, it’s just my sister and I playing on the black eagles route. We were told by Sothis to head to the goddess tower after leaving the ball. The screen went black and I told my sister “I swear if I find Linhardt up there…”. I said this because when I told her a few months ago that Linhardt was gay, she thought that I should marry him. We took this as a joke for a while with M!Byleth x Linhardt, even choosing the linhardt option when talking with the gatekeeper. So imagine my surprise that that option was what lead me too a conversation with Lin at the Goddess Tower. My Sister was laughing and I was at disbelief. It’s my first run and I went for the gay option.
3 Likes

I think it’s just your highest support at the time. You don’t choose who to S support until the end of the game. Also I’m gonna tell you something very important about the route you’re playing. But it’s kinda a spoiler.

Spoilers

Make sure to level your support with Edelgard (to B rank I believe) and go with her to the capital. If you don’t you’ll get screwed out of something later important later. The route actually splits to two paths and these are the requirements to chose Edelgard’s path. If you don’t meet these requirements then you get forced to choose the other one. But if you meet them you get to choose.

2 Likes

It’s actually C+ but yes

And talk to her in February because that step is hella easy to miss

4 Likes

Is that when you go to the capital? It’s been a while so I don’t remember when that happens.

1 Like

Yeah that would be it

2 Likes

Yeah. Honestly it kinda bugs me how easy it is to miss. You should have just gotten the choice regardless instead of needing to meet requirements the game tells you nothing about. It’s like Kaze in Birthright but worse since it’s an entire path of the game. And you lose two of your best units if you don’t meet them.

2 Likes

Yeah I always hated that part of the game. Especially since most people picked Black Eagles first because

Oh right I guess spoilers start here

… of Edelgard. Absolutely no indication of what you need to do as if the game expects you to talk to every single character every month. Uh no, I’m tryna play the game lol. Had to play BE twice to actually marry El because my dumbass doesn’t use multiple saves and I got locked into Silver Snow. At least I married Lysithea (the actual best girl of 3H) and I didn’t lose my dancer (Flayn).

2 Likes

Yep. That’s part of why I choose that route (I didn’t even know about the split until I got to it) and it’s just dumb. Since yeah a first time player probably goes BE expecting to follow Edelgard for the entire game. But the game just sweeps the rug out from under you if you aren’t prepared. I was lucky that met the conditions on my first playthrough.

2 Likes

I always thought of it as a secret route of sorts. Like in earlier games.:feh_maethink:
I always found it fun to find out there was another story I missed and it gave me an excuse to build my units differently for next time. :feh_legion:

1 Like

Which one is the secret one though? CF or SS? Because a first time player will expect and probably want to follow Edelgard (CF). But that’s the one locked behind requirements.

1 Like

I think Edelgard’s route is the secret one because, technically, you don’t have to do anything to play the SS route. But yeah, It’s dumb because people chose the Black Eagles for Edelgard or Hubert and it’s very easy miss both of them

4 Likes

Edelgard’s route.
I knew nothing about the branch in BE when I first played. And to be honest, it was a little secretive with how you even start her route. The game gives you no direction that you have to speak with her unless you’re a player who likes listening to every peice of dialouge and found it by accident.

1 Like

And that’s what we’re saying is the problem. Because it shouldn’t be that way.

2 Likes

Understandable. :feh_legion:

I just enjoyed that it gave me an excuse to build my BE squad again. Petra is a beast in NG+.

1 Like

Yeah. Unfortunately since I didn’t know about the split I didn’t copy my save from before it. So I’ll have to play through the first half again when I play SS.

1 Like

Oof, was this before more then 5 save slots were available? Or do you usually save over your other saves?

1 Like

Yes it was before. I mean I haven’t played much of 3H since, I’ve only beaten CF and started a BL one.

1 Like

This is why you talked to Linhardt

If you don’t choose then it’s your highest support, but if you talk to the gatekeeper then you can choose

2 Likes

People keep saying that.

Talking to Edelgard and showering her with flowers is literally the first thing I did each month.

3 Likes

I talk to everyone every month. It’s really not that bad.
I even talked to Lorenz. But now he is dead cause I realized that he had nothing interesting to say to me

1 Like