What is the difference between attacking with 100, 200 and 300%?

As the title states what exactly is the difference between higher % charge NP’s.
Is it just damage? I know at higher levels the NP does more damage, but is there any real difference in higher % charges?

It depends on what the overcharge effect is for the servant in question. For some servants that provide a buff or trait bonus before releasing the np, you get more damage. Others provide buffs /enemy debuffs only AFTER the np releases which will only boost subsequent attacks. Still others provide more healing, defense, or stars which won’t necessarily be needed at all.

8 Likes

Just check on the NP for the overcharge effect as an example Gil gives extra damage against servants and non-damage would be Waver who raises the percentage chance for his stun to hit

It depends from NP to NP, some have a special damage mod, some colour effectiveness, some debuffs, some star bomba, etc.
All depends in the servant, every NP tell you what increase by overcharge

If you check out the GP site, It will give you the increased amount for said servants overcharge effect

1 Like

You’ll literally have to read the description of the NP.
It should be noted that if you do an NP chain (multiple NPs in the same change), it will essentially add another 100% to each successive NP. (So, you can have a 500% max charge on an NP, in theory.)

Unfortunately, there are a lot of relatively useless Overcharge effects. For example, MHX/MHXA/MHXX have “increase special attack damage against Saber enemies.” That’s great and all, but only if you’re actually attacking a Saber class enemy. Otherwise, the additional “Special Attack” damage is going to equate to 0. And, let’s face it, if you are able to get 500% OC, that means you have NP5. I doubt your enemy’s going to survive unless they’re a story boss with multiple HP bars.

I thought it was Saber face?

XD You’re right, it is. Which makes it even more useless.
Somehow, I got the OC effect and the Bond CE effects mixed up.

Altria (Caster)
Altria Pendragon (Ruler)
Okita J Souji
Lakshmi Bai
Gray
Mysterious Heroine XX
Jeanne d’Arc (Berserker Alter)
Jeanne d’Arc (Archer)
Okita Souji (Alter)
Altria Pendragon (Lancer)
Mordred (Rider)
Altria Pendragon (Rider Alter)
Nero Claudius (Caster)
Jeanne d’Arc (Alter Santa Lily)
Mysterious Heroine X (Alter)
Altria Pendragon (Lancer Alter)
Altria Pendragon (Santa Alter)
Altria Pendragon (Archer)
Mysterious Heroine Z
Jeanne d’Arc (Alter)
Nero Claudius (Bride)
Mysterious Heroine X
Mordred
Okita Souji
Jeanne d’Arc
Altria Pendragon
Altria Pendragon (Alter)
Altria Pendragon (Lily)
Nero Claudius

I just copy & paste the links… These are Saber faces

Right. And how often do you actually see them as enemies where the OC effect is going to make a difference?

…Fair enough

Except he’s only right about MHX. MHXA has overcharge against any Saber and MHXX gets an ATK up with overcharge, the special ATK is locked to 150% but goes for all Saber enemies.

Like I said, got them mixed up with the bond CE effects. (v_v)

MHXX have the Saber mod as a standard effect, her overcharge is ATK up

No it doesn’t. Edison and devilish bottivah (or both) let you nicely sidestep that issue. Nitocris loves both…

I think I get it now, I’ve been playing so long without knowing what the hell I was doing when increasing the % charge, thanks everyone

1 Like

As a newbie I did too. It’s embarrassing how long it took me to realize why Robin went from super nuke to fizzle so often.
Bonus vs poisoned enemies… But I’d been using s1 for the atk down to stay alive in earlier waves and was only sometimes off cool down by the boss wave… :woman_facepalming: if I’d only read the information earlier…

Trust us, there’s a lot of “hidden” mechanics in FGO. Sometimes they’re just not so obvious things, or they’re only explained in the random tips on loading screens. And then there’s the things like each class’ attack modifiers, which truly are hidden. :roll_eyes:

Oh man I’m soooo guilty of this same thing lol