What is the recommended number of servants from the same class?

I am currently have two servants from each class and was wondering if having only one servant from each class would work?

1 Like

For the most part, you would want 1 Servant with an AoE NP and another with an ST NP for each class. One to clear waves and farm, and another for boss-killing.

Some AoE Servants can do the job of both because the damage they deal, even with just their own buffs, can come close or even equal the damage of an ST Servant of the same class (Gilgamesh for example).

But generally, 1 AoE and 1 ST Servant per class is what you should aim for in terms of gameplay.

4 Likes

No, not even close enought.
Around 5 or 6 servant for each class is way closer.
You can “start” aiming to 1 aoe and 1 st for each class, but soon you will see that that’s not even close to enought.
More so for aoe servant. And than niche servant.
Caster are not defined by this metric either.
The 1 for each class is just a start point for newer master.

2 Likes

Yeah, more than ST and AoE NP servants, there are also supports (which is common in casters) and also niches from buffers, debuffers, status effects, anti-traits and others to consider. There are few servants that are all-purpose. Even then, there are no ‘one size fit all’ servants. Investing on as many as you can will allow you adapt to most situations in the long term.

The more Servants you have for each class, the better. I really don’t think you can have too many. But at a minimum, you want one ST and one AOE.

1 Like

I agree with everyone else that you want to have a couple but early on a ST and AOE is enough… and a couple of supports like Hans, Georgius.
The more servants you have the easier time you will have with odd bosses or events.
There are some examples in Babylonia where you could face problems if you either don’t have the suitable servants or pick the wrong support.

For normal gameplay you could get by with just a few but it will cause difficulties with events.
A good example is last years Halloween event, to get to the Challenge quest you had to pass a couple of stages with restricted servants. Gender, height, traits…etc.
With a expanded roster it was easy but if you are forced to rely on a support servant and a couple of underleveled of your own it would have been hard.

Sometimes there are many servants that provide bonus drops but there are events like this years Summer that well putting is lightly was a real hassle.
Being able to use bonus servants could also make up for not rolling the gacha and for farming heavy events like Guda Guda having a high bonus modifier is a great QoL improvement.

Also a fair warning, there is also one deviation from normal event that will arrive early next year.
Setsubun will most likely be unclearable by players with a small roster.
As far as I know there haven’t been any events anywhere near as restrictive after it but it is better to prepare for if DW gets odd ideas.
I guess Ooku that arrives in 2021 could also count as an exception as we can’t use a backline for most of the event.

What everyone else said. I’d just emphasize that more is better not only for gameplay but also for drop bonuses during Events.

Doesn’t mean you have to max Ascend everything; there are plenty of Servants in my Chaldea that stay low level and get slotted into the backline when they contribute some kind of Event bonus.

Generally, you want to have at least 2 Servants of every class raised: 1 ST and 1 AoE. After that, you’ll also want to take Support Servants and Servants with useful niches into account. Some examples of Servant classes you might want more than 2 of would be Casters because most of the good Supports are Casters and Archers because there’s a lot of really good Archers that can fit a lot of very useful niches.

Atleast 1 aoe and 1 st for each class is minimum. Then 6 for each class because 1st buster, 1st arts… etc.

What is the recommended number?
All. Of. Them!

1 Like

20 riders, 10 assassins, 1 lancer, 3 sabers, 5 casters, 2 berserkers, 13 archers, and 0 from the extra class is optimal