What the heck tap battles?

Why did all these characters just have Witchy Wands in Extra Stage 3? :feh_confused:

Screenshot was taken on a repeated attempt after completing it.

11 Likes

Don’t forget about that one where all enemies were Tikis :feh_tikiga:

27 Likes

Probably some kind of reference we don’t get :feh_nino:

9 Likes

I played TMS, and have picked up the remake. And I have no clue what it might be trying to reference :feh_confused:

11 Likes

Maybe like glow sticks/wands? There witchy Wands are colorful.

7 Likes

Haven’t played Extra Stage 3 yet nor listened to the song for it, but my initial take is that the Witchy Wand’s effect symbolizes getting your position “reset” in the Illusory Shibuya Idolasphere (which is the inspiration behind the background this time in Tap Battle). When you walk into the line of sight of a camera, it puts you back at a certain position earlier in each section of the dungeon.

Just a wild guess though, maybe it’s not that clever :feh_lucyshrug:

Edit: oh the song is Dia Sweet Witch, there’s an in-universe anime in TMS called Dia Witch Iroha with a young magical girl protagonist. In the game, Kiria has to sing that song, which is the main theme of that anime, to progress in the aforementioned Idolasphere dungeon. Nothing jumping out at me either still, reference is going over my head.

5 Likes

Either way it makes me sad :feh_elisad:

Why they do this to best gurl Mia? :feh_notlikethis::feh_miststopbulli::feh_eirikabulli:
1 Like

TMS be like : :feh_inherit: :feh_inherit: :feh_inherit:

4 Likes

I got no idea. But the all Tiki one was funny and this healer/mage one made me sad that Marianne isn’t in the game as either a mage or a healer

4 Likes

I think is because of the song being from the Magical Girl anime in the game.
The weapon kinda rassemble a magical girl staff

Ok i guess now that is a reference to the 2 characters in the bottom of this page:

every enemy wields Gremory or Witchy wand, weapons from Witch Nowi and Witch Mia, so it makes sense.

2 Likes

Speaking of that, I’m having a lot of fun with this mode right now. It’s so nice to see playable characters from the game jumping at you. And yes, the stage with all Tikis was kind of funny too. I hope we get more of this stuff next time.

2 Likes

LOL
It’s because it’s the theme song to an in-game magical girl anime in TMS called Dia Witch Iroha.

Also the reason why the last extra stage was all Tikis was because that was Tiki’s song from her final side story in TMS.

3 Likes

Marianne as a 3-4* cavalry healer when, IS?

5 Likes

I do not condone this amount of Mia bulli. :feh_miststopbulli:

4 Likes

Don’t you see? They all have Witchy Wands because they’ve all killed Mias for them. :feh_rein:

5 Likes

Why can’t I like this multiple time!?

2 Likes

I like how there are all of these female mages and then they just throw Lucius and Lyon in because they have long hair

5 Likes

I FLOURISHED in the blood of those Fallen Tikis! I loved killing her :3

I like Tiki :feh_azura: