What to do with Sigurd

I’ve been wanting a lewyn for special spiral fodder, so when the banner dropped today I decided to(against my better judgment) throw some orbs at it in the hopes of getting him. 35 orbs later and, naturally, the game gave me Sigurd instead. I’m not spending any more orbs on this banner because I’m trying to save for the legendary banner. I also know nothing about Sigurd(other than him looking at mages and going ha you’re funny), or what his builds usually look like. So what’s the advice on this Sigurd

Summary

3 Likes

DC maybe. I have him at +3 purely by coincidence but I’ve never put a good build in him.

@Sir_of_Coffee

3 Likes

Doesn’t his B skill stop working if he has DC(outside of Desperation)

1 Like

Yeah actually.

1 Like

+res Ouch.
I’d keep him saved up for now personally and wait for one merge at least.

But if you want an idea that’s not too pricy:

2 Likes

Wow he really only hits 23 Res even with a Res boon? I hadn’t really payed attention I suppose. But one would think if he’s gonna have 2 magic damage reducing effects they’d at least give him a decent Res stat

Would I be better off just foddering him for Close Def?

Grail unit Joshua has Close Def at 5*. I believe Spd smoke is harder to find anyway.

Oh hell no.

Remember, the damage reduction things are so effective because of his low res.
Tyrfing gives Sigurd 50% damage reduction, allowing him to survive some crazy shit like Micaiah. Or Rein if he uses crusader’s ward as well.
The low res allows him to have more stats in the rest of his kit. Base 35/32/35 atk, spd, def is rather impressive for a cav.

And here’s the thing.
Sigurd is gen 1. Yes.
Which means at this point he’s quite high on the refine list.

2 Likes

Nvm mind the Spd smoke, F!Takumi has that at 5* and chad has it at 4*

1 Like

Alright thanks for the advice. Is there any(preferably cheap) skills he likes better for his A or C slot?

1 Like

Well, I’d say close def is perfect for him if you’re not looking for high investment.
And if you go a non-spd route, atk smoke or a cav skill could help for C

1 Like

Thanks so much for the tips!

1 Like

No problem.

He’s my only +10 5* unit and pretty happy with him. So yeah…
Waiting for that refine

2 Likes

Keep him. You never know when they’ll make him a bonus unit. He doesn’t even have good fodder anymore anyway.

Sigurd comes with Close Def by default. No need for fodder.

1 Like

Please IS give him a broken refine like Bike’s! :feh_maristare:

1 Like

He was dicussing foddering Sigurd for Close Def. I was giving him an alternative.

1 Like

giphy

1 Like