As per the title, what sizable additions or changes do you feel the game needs to better secure it’s long term future and interest?
I’m not a competitive player so AR, arena etc. aren’t of interest to me, I’m a collector. I want to get characters I like and make them as good as I can which is where the issue with the game lies for me; I’m basically done. I don’t attempt 5 star merge projects unless a unit has came along a lot off focus as a head start as trying from scratch has rarely gone well for me and I’m almost done with all the 3/4 stars and grails I like. Hana is literally the only definite merge project I have left to do. Though she has basically the same stats as Soleil who I have as +10 using an Armoursmasher so until she gets her prf and, likely, moves away from that role, there’s no point in merging up the samurai.
For me, a mass demote is essential. Technically the 4 star demote pool is what IS would count as doing just that but we all know it isn’t, everyone’s basically just as rare as they were before and impossible to merge by chance. There’s a combined 9% chance of a 5 star/4 star demote on a normal banner and 91% chance of a 3/4 star of which literally none are of interest to me anymore as I have 11 copies of Hana and and the half dozen ‘maybes’ on my project list.
If they cleaned out the 3/4 star pool, lets say putting all the launch units with no fodder into a shop needing badges or some other useless currency, and demoted just the current 4 star focuses down to the normal 3/4star pool, my definite project list would skyrocket. Elise, Linde, Lucina, Y!Tiki, Celica, Sonya, B!Ike, B!Lucina, Elincia, Nephenee, Rhajat, Micaiah, F!Celica, F!Morgan, WF!Hinoka, F!Kana, Ishtar, Karla, YT!Olivia, B!Celica to start with. That would be some great long term interest waiting on all those coming home to +10.
These units all need feathers too so I’d want to do better in game modes, they need more summoning for skills so IS gets more orbs and more likely to get cash. How is this not a total win for them? Their current plan is probably people summon on the weekly revival banners but I know I certainly can’t spare 1000+ orbs to +10 a single unit and that’s if it goes well. They’ll get more out of me in the long run by giving me more projects and making me want more high tier fodder from new banners.
A mass demote would also give much needed skills like QR3, all the tier 3 dual stances and blows and access to rarer things like dual stat A skills, waves and Hone freaking Fliers.
Well, that turned into a massive wall of text. If you made it here, thank you for reading. Do let me know what you think of my reasoning for a mass demote and what you think the game needs.