"When I was a wee new player" - post your embarrasing histories here!

A wise bunny once said:

And we were all newbies once. Except Gou who came out the womb with NP5 Merlin.

So what bad shit did you do? What weird misunderstands did you have? Who did you whiff your SQ virginity on?

I have worse but I’ll start:

• I actually considered the GP tier list when rolling at first and didn’t use futuresight/consult players, I thought the ratings would be a good indication of pull value
  • I thought I needed ST+AoE class coverage so I went hundreds of SQ in on Cleopatra then never used her because poo damage without proper leveling/skilling/native supports and I succumbed to Kiara. This made me whiff Shishou btw
  • I misunderstood NP multipliers and thought my shiny NP2 Gil was completely crapped on by Dantes’ NP
  • I didn’t read the game and thought Berserkers also did 2x to Berserkers
  • I cared about 5-6CE omnilooping for ages and would numberwang every Servant that vaguely interested me (okay this was beyond full on newbie stage)
  • I was anti-loli and Raita Servants, declaring Lolivinci in my Chaldea never :fgo_davincishook:
  • I thought Karna was amazing when I pulled him then changed my mind until I unlocked his strengthening and thought the game would in some way preserve the hierarchy depicted in Apocrypha
  • I literally didn’t even know Arts/Quick NPs refunded for ages, I just figured an NP card = bar goes to 0.
37 Likes

Burning my Kscopes/BG because I ignored you could merge them.

30 Likes

I installed the game and kept playing

Still regret it to this day

61 Likes

I used think over charge = more Np damage so I wrote of np levels a lot given how long it took to just get to 100%

26 Likes

When I was a wee Fujimaru, I…

• Used story support Mozart’s arts buff for Mash’s NP. Imagine what I could’ve done with Black Grail on Mash! :feh_nino:
  • Thought I could stall everything and was addicted to Mash + Hans + Jeanne, as if I were the embodiment of Scheherazade.
21 Likes

The most I’m guilty of is SQ reviving event nodes during my first few weeks

But everyone did that once right?

21 Likes

SQ reviving in general, or reviving during event nodes specifically?

10 Likes

I still do that now if Im lazy enough

5 Likes

Event nodes, bosses are somewhat reasonable at least

7 Likes

How does being lazy lead to wiping and needing to revive

1 Like

Me doing a 50 turn stall against some enemies in an event not knowing damage CEs and servants were a thing. Next day I grabbed one from support and cleared it in a few turns. :fgo_musashipain:

17 Likes

I burnt my first Fionn, back in the first few weeks. I had Santa-chan, after all.

3 Likes

My non-poster newbie friend thinks solemn defence/anti purge defence is good game design because ignore invul break bars are bad and there’s no answer, you just die.

9 Likes

Oh that reminds me, when Babylonia dropped and I thought I was making a giga brained play by bringing Ruler martha to Lahma nodes because I thought debuff immune worked on Debuff Removal.

5 Likes

Not doing the mechanics and reviving until I win. Saber Wars 2’s challenge quest being the most recent example.

2 Likes

It took me a long time to notice that the support list had different tabs for classes, I was just grabbing servants out of peoples ALL tab for ages, lots of Angra and Gorgon usage in my early days :fgo_casgilworry:

11 Likes

Yeah I used to think chaining NPs meant more damage or something.

11 Likes

It also took a while to notice my damage cut/evade got gobbled behind invincible. “It’s fine I can take two hits!”

8 Likes

Using Merlin NP to clear enemies :feh_flaynfire:

8 Likes

I used to save my NPs for the last wave/potential boss!

12 Likes