Who’s ready for CYL3 refines?

DC would do alot on it’s own, would make him a terrifying vantage sweeper, throw in anti hardy bearing if you want him even stupider

1 Like

I could see him getting a heal in his sword like Celica, so he can use his A slot without consequences (like Celica and Double Lion)

1 Like

Cyl3 was my favorite set too. I am impatient for what they will have, Camilla is the one who I use the most and she still holds well. I hope she gets something good and a unique animation because her prf doesn’t have it.

5 Likes

Nope. While I have a B!Eliwood who would lile some merges, I have other priorities to hoard for.

4 Likes

Eliwood and Micaiah refines had better be fire

Alm will probably get DR (or double lion?) but there are so many infantry swords at this point I just have stopped caring.

4 Likes

Nice! This is me, but with CYL4 refines next year. I do have a+10 B!Alm so I hope he gets a busted refine

4 Likes

:feh_micaiahsmug:

I’m glad I don’t have anything premium for her because I was going straight to give her some skills and I forgot #cyl3 characters were going to get refines this year, I just pulled for her because I really really like her.
I think it’s best I wait for her refine before planning how to build her but knowing myself, I’d give her something rare ahead of time.

5 Likes

The main thing they’ll have to do is change the requirements for his buffs. Alm needing to having more foes than allies close to him isn’t that great since it limits his ally support that he can get

3 Likes

I’ve never intensionally chased after any of these units, but B! Alm has been one of my most common pity-breakers. Considering how he was the most popular pick and was dead on arrival, he should get something good. Kinda makes me mad that B! Dimitri outclassed him in every way. Hopefully, he gets something that will make standout. I think it would be neat to see something that does something with the damage output of his A skill and its recoil damage.

4 Likes

Right. And a way to get his Res up (or DR or whatever), if they intend to make him tank optional. They could make him aPP striker if they did something weird like galeforce or dance, but who knows. The weird part is ike and Hector tended to stick to their original weapon, but Alm’s highlight was A skill not PRF, imo. That will be the sticking point

4 Likes

My hope for Alm is for an extra movement like L!Edelgard. I think triple actions on player phase with Scendscale would be an amazing niche.

5 Likes

Oh, right, right! That’s very realistic. Especially as we see Sigurd.

I think like, almost what they do with CYL, Alm might get the best of what the previous year had (i.e. I expect Gakekeeper to get Savior in his weapon or a C skill at minimum. Alm could get a +1 move like Sigurd’s special, or even a fatal smoke in his weapon? Something like that.)

2 Likes

I’m not looking forward to CYL3 refines much (I’m not dreading them) since I don’t have any of them merged up that much except a +2 Micaiah but I am looking forward to CYL4 refines. I’m really hoping B!Claude gets “During combat, neutralizes effects that grant “Special Cooldown charge +X” to foe or inflict “Special Cooldown charge -X” to unit” so his healing on special can’t be blocked.

5 Likes

Honestly by the time we get to those refines that’ll probably be balanced somehow. Ayra got something like that, it’s definitely possible for Claude.

5 Likes

that’d be so busted dear lord

1 Like

Well technically there would still be one way around it, and even now it is the main way to cripple B-Claude: Fatal Smoke

Dude falls apart when denied his healing

3 Likes

great, a super rare skill as the only good counter to a common unit

1 Like

As far as I know, people don’t use Guard to beat B-Claude on their AR defenses. It’s just impractical (especially since most methods of Guard are unreliable at best in AI hands or are armor locked, ie Special Fighter)

Giving him Guard annul would change virtually nothing, at least there

And as an AI he’s pretty much a non threat. You nuke him in one hit like L-Claude

3 Likes

Also B!Claude has no method of working around, say, Sturdy Impact denying his follow-up, so you can just beat him via follow-up denial.

3 Likes

This too

Unlike L-Claude he can’t get NFU

So denying his double is also very effective. And he’s actually baitable unlike L-Claude

3 Likes