Who should get Repel? Larcei, Shannan, or Rinkah?

I recently pulled a Larcei with great IVs (+Spd,-hp) but am still considering foddering her off for Repel. Alternatively, I could fodder off my Fallen Ike +atk-hp, but I like him a bit more. My Shannan is unfortunately+Atk -spd, but he could still be useable. My Rinkah is neutral.

I already have F!Ike, Keaton, Karla, and Ayra for red infantry. I have B!Ike, Annete (W fury 4) , +10 Raven and Edelgard for green infantry. I’m considering Rinkah the most because I like her the most,and I find red infantry units kinda boring, but I am lacking somewhat in red infantry. I worry that repel Rinkah will just be worse Brave Ike also. Let me know what you think!

1 Like

Sidenote: I don’t have any DC fodder currently either

1 Like

In my completely unbiased opinion, Rinkah.

You “could” keep larcei, but you said you find reds boring

Shannan could also probably make use of it too, I suppose.

4 Likes

Idk… I’d say do what you want but I would keep a +Spd Larcei. Id fodder (and have) any other

2 Likes

IMO I’d just save Larcei for now. No one said you had to fodder her immediately.

I wouldn’t put Repel on a -Spd Shannon. 41 Spd with his Balmung and 47 with Balmung + Steady Posture is alright but it’s not gonna age well. My +10 Rutger has 48 Speed (I run DC though) and there are still things fast enough for his Close Call to have no effect (mostly whaled speedsters like L-Alm and L-Celica).

Rinkah has such high Def that Repel would be almost exclusively for mitigating magic damage (and I guess L-Alm, but he can reach speeds high enough to render Repel useless, as I mentioned before). Which means it kinda goes to waste most of the time without DC. B-Ike is also the better tank.

3 Likes

This is my Rinkah, for reference:

@Thehalohedgehog and @GVader also have her built, and probably better than mine

2 Likes

Shannan, cause he’s the coolest.

2 Likes

Both Repel and Imperial Astra are dependent on Spd so -Spd is detrimental to Shannan. Unless you want to eventually merge Shannan or just pull for different IVs, I don’t recommend giving him Repel.

I’ve been saying this for weeks and haven’t been right yet but in my guts I just keep feeling a good and fast lance Infantry is on the way so if you trust me then I say wait for that.

2 Likes

The one with the highest merge.

Your +10 Raven definitely has the speed to take advantage of it

The unit with the most speed is the best choice and like other users already replied I wouldn’t put Repel on a -spd Shannan.

If only

3 Likes

As for repel, I personally gave it to Echidna and Eirika. Now Eirika requires a lot of investment to make it work, but Echidna less so (not that I haven’t invested a fair bit into her either)

2 Likes

Maybe…

Physical damage… What’s that

4 Likes

I’m hoping to finish my Echidna in July, when I pull for more Thrasir merges :catcry:

1 Like

I actually finished her when pulling for Rinkah

I think I pulled like 3 Echidna and 4 Rinkah in 2k orbs, counting the free.

All my rng is on fgo, feh hates me :catcry:

1 Like

I only needed 2 at the time, and I obviously got them.

Keep Larcei, she uses it the best out of your options
Maybe Raven

1 Like

I personally would not fodder a +Spd -Hp Larcei (I actually have one, but I’m also biased toward her). Those are arguably her best IVs. If you don’t like red infantry, however, then there’s not much point in keeping her. Along the same line of thought, it would be pointless to fodder her to Shannan.

I would only fodder her to Rinkah if you really like her and plan to merge her. In my opinion, she would kinda need Distant Counter to function optimally with Repel though since her Def is already pretty high, unless you just want her to deal with dragons; but that doesn’t seem like that great of an idea.

Whatever you do, just remember to complete Larcei’s Heroic Ordeal and get her Dragonflowers.