Who should I priority first? Ozi or Ryouma?

I previously got ozimandias when he spook me at the lewd nun banner and he is my 1st 5* rider but I know gudaguda will come where I can upgrade ryouma lvl too, now I can’t decide which should I prioritize on skill lvl since both are single target np.

I know Ryouma is a good support rider that can also loop with free Ascension item that makes oryou happy :fgo_oryou:

But Ozi is an awesome rider too with good kit and can DAJAKU! DAJAKU! most boss fight and make nitocris wet :fgo_nitocry:

But since both are great I’m having a hard time picking whom to strengthen first.
Pls give me advice any opinions are open.

Ryouma has double XP gain for the event, do him first.

Oh the lvl is already max what I’m referring to is the skills sorry for the misunderstanding

Ryouma has some utility, but it isn’t great utility. Skill upgrades to Ozy first. Ryouma is still a free NP5 SR nuke if that matters for your roster, but he can wait for skills.

6 Likes

Since I’m short at rider gems I need to use it wisely

3 Likes

Ah my bad. Ozy probably. Ryouma has excellent skills but is less useful in most situations where you need a Rider. Ozy is almost always good when you need a Rider.

3 Likes

Thanks @Gou again for your tips it’s very helpful :grin:

1 Like

Thanks for your advice @KamikazeAardvark I’ll just priority Ozi for now

1 Like

Ryouma is literally budget Ozy. less battery. less steroid. less stall ability, Ozys Cards are also better. Only one up Ryouma really has on Ozy is dmg and it negligible. Also the fact that the extra 10% bat makes up for it

3 Likes

Get Ozy NP levels because he’s fabulous and deserves them; problem solved.

6 Likes

Alas mine is stuck at NP0

4 Likes

If you are short on arts supports you can make an argument for Ryouma, but overall ozy will usually be the better choice. I can’t say how many times I’ve wanted to plug Ryouma into a team, then picked ozy instead, and most of the reason is the 10% vs 20% battery. Ozy can give you instant np help a lot easier than Ryouma can.

5 Likes

Maybe u need prioritize Ryouma 1st, because. There’s mission that need ryouma at certain ascension

2 Likes

imo Ozy is infinitely better than Ryoma. Ryoma’s chance to drain np can fall down some steps

1 Like

Ryouma’s skills are irrelevant for that purpose, though; can backline him if you missed the original run and just need to do his bond and ascension missions.

2 Likes

Oh right, I thought its about which one should lvl up not skill
If its about skill then Ozy will be more helpful

3 Likes

Ozy of course. He’s a more solid unit.

Although the interesting thing is that Ozy, Ryouma and Ushi are all very similar to each other in that they are single target riders with party buffs for attack and NP (either flat or NP regen).

1 Like

My 1st ever St rider is ushi and I even grailed her cuz I have my priorities on the big 3 support cuz I’m still new but whenever I try to pull for the servants I want someone spook me but I can’t say it’s a bad spook just like rolling for kiara ended up getting yagyu and Ozi in the 1st roll which is good but never thought it would be Ozi cuz I know a free rider Ryouma is coming.
But now I’ll set aside Ryouma on skill upgrade and focus on Ozi first.
Btw thanks for your help everyone I really appreciate it.

If you’re still not sold yet enough on maxing Ozy, he has one of the most rare buffs with his increase buff chance tied to his party wide NP gen buff. So his imperial privilege is a sure fire guaranteed on him as long as you use his 3rd skill before the 2nd. This also applies to other IP users like Nero, Romulus and Cleopatra and also works amazingly on the all powerful Hans’ NP. And when you’ve noticed all the buffs on Hans NP successfully applied to all, it pretty much leave you like this :

download

1 Like

Oh yeah right since their skills can only the trigger by chance and sometimes the buffs don’t apply cuz of the percent chance is a bit low.
And since Ryouma has that buff success rate up skill it’s pretty handy just like caster Gil.