Who to roll for in 2020

I’ve got a good lineup , so I thought I’d ask for advice on who to roll for in 2020 . My original plan was okita alter, what do you guys think ?

1 Like

Skadi

Ok jokes aside, just roll for whoever you like. If you’re rolling for Okita Alter purely for gameplay, then I would urge you to wait until Kingprotea comes out.

1 Like

Purely from gameplay perspective. Skadi is the most valuable pick in NA for the next 2 years in term QoL. Waver is also an excellent QoL addition if you get him. Nero Bride will also become a very valuable support after her skill upgrade and Tamamo is definetly worth to get if you want to play Art comps.
The rest pretty much up to you.

1 Like

Well you got one of the “BIG 4,” Memerlin. So you could always go for Skadi, Tamamo and Waver to complete the “s-QUAD” Tehe!:partying_face:
:fgo_saberhungry:

Jests aside… If the “s-QUAD” = QoL gameplay then your “Waifu, Okita Alter” = I fuccing love this girl ain’t gonna tell me what to do. Fight me! She’s better that all of ya Waifus and Husbandos! Fuhahaha!
:fgo_insane:
:fgo_quetzsmile:

Logical choice or emotional/sentimental choice?

I almost feel for you with this dilemma mate… Almost! Tehe!:partying_face:

So, either I go with the supports (Tamamo ,waver, skadi) for gameplay or okita for waifu… Guess I’ll have to think about that. Thanks !

1 Like

When does she comes out again ?

1 Like

Lanling is a pretty good arts and crit support but he won’t be as big of a QoL improvement as the 5* @Danakane mentioned.
His big advantage is that he is a 4* and should be easier to obtain.

1 Like

I know she’s supposed to completely change the meta but idk if a zerkerlot or atalante with a skadi would really be better than Jalter or Gil with Merlin boost can you tell me?

1 Like

Okita Alter or Kingprotea?

1 Like

Kingprotea

1 Like

Thanks , I’ll keep it in mind

1 Like

Next year, around Februrary

1 Like

Thx, I appreciate it

1 Like

JAlter is ST so Lancelot and Atalanta are actually not the right competition to look at. The one you should look at for that are Jack and Kintoki Rider and both outperform JAlter once Skadi out (Kintoki Rider with has a big on demand battery and Jack has her deck + anti-female niche).
For Gil, both Lancelot and Atalanta do way better than him when it comes to farming. CQ is another story as Gil has his Weak Enuma Elish niche + Golden Rule + battery. Atalanta is very easy to operate if you have Skadi and is pretty good in AoE CQ too but her low ceiling damage can be limiting. Lancelot triple Buster deck can be a big issue for CQ.

1 Like

Ahh I see… You have age old dilemma of:

Buster Vs Quick.

At this point it’s what you prefer not what’s meta.

Do you want to stand out as an individual or do you prefer to conform with the new meta?

Do you want to join the meta or do you want to break the meta?

Skadi it is then… Always wanted shishou in my Chaldea anyways. Also Jack needs more friends.
Thx for the help. And good luck .

1 Like

I know you think this is the right comparison, but it’s not.

Skadi makes refund farming super easy and accessible—all you need is her and your quick servant of choice (Atalante/Marie/Parvati/Zerklot/Dantès/etc). Sometimes there are stipulations (Marie can only refund vs. Casters, etc.) but generally that’s not super important since most of these servants are 4*s and can spook.

But with, say, Zerklot, you can NP 3 times in a lotto stage for a LOT faster than a traditional Buster team with Waver and Merlin. You also have supercharged Quick crits for taking out the (mid) Boss. This makes Skadi MUCH better at farming lotteries and other lucrative events because your 3T comp requires fewer buttons and sometimes not even plugsuit.

She does this for ST Servants as well. Jalter can put out big numbers but so can Kama—and Kama under double Skadi produces her own stars and entirely refunds her NP gauge. Buster servants simply cannot do this without relying on Arts crits, and then they’re not accessing all of their Buster boosts.

For pure damaged Jalter and Gil might still win out but Skadi gets you to those damage benchmarks like 99% of the time.

1 Like

Thank you, that’s exactly what I was asking actually, since I don’t really know much about skadi and… I know my choice of servants was kinda bad, Jalter and berserlot/atalanta don’t have the same uses. I just heard it was stronger with a higher hit count and didn’t think it through. As for the np charge and Regen that’s obviously better than anything Jalter/Merlin could do. I was curious to see if the damage would even out, seems like it dies and adds some things on top , which explains why it changed the meta for jp this much.

Farming is the emphasis. I’m not totally crazy about Skadi or any of the big Quick loopers, and I have a massive Buster and Arts roster with Merlin and Tamamo, but I’m getting her specifically for her influence on event farming speed and efficiency.

That’s not to say that farming is the only thing Skadi enables, but being able to NP refund farm at high damage output, with fewer clicks, and while holding as many event CEs as possible is what makes her worthwhile for me. Otherwise I could keep going with what I have and be fine, but I want that QoL boost since most events are not like this one.

I mean, I get it, farming is like 90% of the game so doing it faster is always better.

1 Like