Why does Gilgamesh levitate/fly without that ship thingy?🤔

Is it just me or have y’all ever wondered this too?:thinking:

No, because he’s magic :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m thinking that being semi-Divine, having an enormous natural mana capacity, and possessing a Noble Phantasm for every purpose neatly handwaves any question about why he can fly.

Enkidu blatantly flies in the Babylonia anime as well.

9 Likes

Big d.ck energy.

8 Likes

jokes aside probably thanks to being divine. Considering how strong he is and even some not strong servants able to fly it makes sense

2 Likes

It’s one of the many unnamed Noble Phantasms that exists in the Gates of Babylon.

12 Likes

Nope, never even gave it a second thought because Gate of Babylon. And sure enough, it is. The Nasuverse couldn’t even be bothered to name the NP.

3 Likes

If you ask him, he’d tell you it’s because he’s the rules

2 Likes

Probably the reason for using his plane is because it’s faster or more confortable, I guess :fgo_coffee:

1 Like

It probably has heated seats. Maybe a massaging Noble Phantasm.

9 Likes

Why does Gilgamesh levitate/fly without that ship thingy?

Because the developers of the franchise suffer from a serious case of Mary Sue when the topic is Gilgamesh.

If it was not already clear enough, they force-feed us the concept that basically Gilgamesh is Awesome.

…i never liked him. Arrogant Mary Sue.

2 Likes

Whoah! Tbh, I thought he was doing that thing in Babylonia where every Servant fighting above the Tiamat grail mud was floating to avoid corruption by it. But the only difference is that they had glowing magic circles underneath their feet to show that they were flying. Whereas, Gil didn’t in F/Z. Thanking you.

How lazy of them

You make fair point here.

1 Like

Dude, he’s based off the actual historical king, major hero in mythology, Gilgamesh, known to be an extremely power and arrogant person. What did you expect from his character other than to be portrayed as such? He isn’t a Mary Sue either, not even close. That accusation doesn’t even make any sense, seeing as to how his flaws have literally gotten him killed many times. Yikes.

4 Likes

I wish the ship can be seen more often.

1 Like

Me too! It’s.so.nice seeing him fight while sitting and relaxing on his flying throne. And the red cloths on it remind me of how he sits nude in the Mooncell. :fgo_dshy: :fgo_kiarasmile:

1 Like

We’re talking about the guy that used Self Manifestation in Fate/Extella… despite not even having that as a skill… Pretty sure he just laughs at our “rules” and “logic.”

2 Likes

Wait what?! He did that?! How the Herc?! :exploding_head::crazy_face:

The Moon Cell is weird and a special case. After all, it’s a giant computer simulation, and several characters, at various points, wield the power to rewrite reality with their will, within it.

In short, don’t think too hard about it.

1 Like

Gil put in the Prototype Konami Code

3 Likes