Why does Soleil not have a refine?

There’s literally nothing special about her that could prevent her from getting one. She’s not a dancer. She doesn’t have a DC weapon. She’s not Rein or Olwen. What gives?

13 Likes

Idk
771016d

30 Likes

Apparently. Like kinda get rein, I got the DC units (tho that one is null now), I kinda get dancers, but Soleil isn’t any of those.

4 Likes

I mean all of them are pretty stupid at this point. Rein isn’t broken, dancers probably wouldn’t be broken, 3-4 star staves wouldn’t be broken. There’s really no excuse for all the gen 1 units without refines at this point. And since Soleil was one of the first gen 2 units and the only one in her banner without a refine at this point not much reason for her either.

8 Likes

She was gen 2, I thought she was gen 1 (first 151 ONLY!)

7 Likes

Yeah they were the first banner of book II. Gen 2 technically started with Farfetched which was in between books iirc. But since we’re well into gen 2 refines she really has no reason to not get one.

6 Likes

Like Sothe, she’s an early Gen 2 demote unit that got delayed for some unfathomable reason

I only think she’s been held off because she’s managed to hold up very well compared to some of her kin that came later, like L’Arachel and Morgan

There’s still a bunch of other Gen 2 demote units that haven’t gotten refines yet, too (Legault, Libra, and Shigure all come to mind). I’d only freak out if we started getting into the Gen 3 ones.

15 Likes

Maybe it would be a bit niche, but I think a prf Firesweep sword with NCD would be neat. But I’m honestly not sure what she’ll get once she eventually gets a refine.

4 Likes

CYL3:
puppetscared
Yes I know they’re an exception to things but still

10 Likes

eye roll

I know you’re half-joking but I was talking about Book III demotes

We’re at the end of Book II for the 5 Stars, so other Book III 5 Stars are going to get refines quite soon.

6 Likes

The bad part here is that literally everyone else on her banner got a refine. Every single one.

3 Likes

They were all also 5 stars, which usually get prioritized over demotes.

8 Likes

And… they were both 5 Stars who had their Prfs outclassed by inheritables

And Rhajat, though introduced on a different banner shortly afterwards, was a horrendous pity breaker until she got 4 Star Specialed

7 Likes

Yet other demotes released after already have refines.

1 Like

I just hope they give her one. I’m hoping for something busted but really I’ll take just about anything at this point.

5 Likes

I forget, who have the other demotes been that have had refinements?

2 Likes

Like Luna said, she’s also been lucky enough to age a lot better than many of those others. Her stats still hold up fairly well today even. She still has the highest atk of normal pool demotes, and good spd too. Her bulk isn’t bad either, so her stats have simply held up surprisingly well all things considered. Not saying she doesn’t need one ofc, but she’s probably been better off overall than some others.

7 Likes

M!Morgan and L’Archel were mentioned, Sothe has as well. Probably some others I’m forgetting.

4 Likes

As I mentioned before, she’s not alone in this, as Sothe came one banner after her and was also majorly delayed in getting a refine, since he didn’t get his until, what? 2-3 months ago? I know it wasn’t that long

My hypothesis is that because she’s someone that so many people built up do to being the highest BST non-seasonal non-Grail sword demote and thus has held up reasonably well, they have her a lower priority compared to others who were very badly outclassed (like L’Arachel who had little reason to be used over Reinhardt, and TBH, still suffers from that to an extent)

I know it’s not a good reason because a bazillion people built Astram and Mini Marth and a few built Zihark, but it’s the only thing I can think of.

5 Likes

L!Arachel, M!Morgan, Sothe, Ares and Nina, and those are only the ones released during book II

3 Likes