Why roll for Napoleon?

All right, who in here is rolling for Napoleon next month and is willing to admit the real reason why?..

27 Likes

I mean, if you don’t have an aoe SSR Archer, he’s decent, but Gil is gonna have a rate up in September, sooooo there’s really no need there.

I’m just upset he’s tall. Napoleon was said to be smaller than average, even for back then when the average height was 2ish inches shorter than today’s average.

But Fate turns big burly dudes into attractive females, so being picky about that is kinda dumb.

7 Likes

Im not going to roll for Napoleon but i will be happy to see the people that want to get him geting him

13 Likes

Actually him being short was British propaganda. He was around 5ft 5 or 5ft 6 depending on your history source which puts him at average height for the time.

But yea given his overall figure I am guessing this is the version that is Pro Napoleon Propagana version being summoned. Kind of like how Iskander is the idealized version of Alexander the Great.

That being said still a hard pass for me, I have no need for another archer at this time.

7 Likes

19 Likes

True, Napoleon wasn’t tall but he was still a little above the average at the time. The problem was that soldiers were actually tall guys so by comparison, Napoleon seemed small compared to his men. But it’s basically the same as saying that all NBA coaches are tiny dudes.
I won’t roll for him now cause I’m planning to use my GSSR on Archers and to roll for Gil on September but he’s on my list for later (maybe his banner on December). Depending on his character during LB2, it might raise the hype. :fgo_meltbirb:

6 Likes

Saw this on pinterest :drooling_face:

25 Likes

No idea how he is in Fate so i might end up liking him after LB2 but judging him for gameplay alone i have absolutely no need for another buster aoe archer.

Also why is everything so oversized about him? lol

1 Like

He’s a very solid Servant aside from just his pecs, but I will likely skip. He’s not a priority pick when you already have the other AoE Archers.

2 Likes

I still feel the exact same about him now, but the SSR Ticket in JP has made next month rather anti-climactic.

3 Likes

I’ve heard it had to do with the difference as well in units of measurement - the British “foot” at the time vs the French “foot.” Using modern measurements as the comparison, a British foot is 30.5 cm vs. the French Pied de Roi of about 32.5 cm.

So if you looked at his measurements and it used the French “foot” and said he was 5’4", that’s actually about 10 cm more that what Brits would be thinking (so an extra 4 or so inches, but idk exactly what he was by the measurements of their day)

8 Likes

Last I checked rider Napoleon is supposed to be more like the British propaganda idea while archer Napoleon is supposed to be the ideal Napoleon or something along those lines. I dunno fate has a lot of weird reasoning for servant designs

I’m prob just going for one copy and let the rest spook me over time not really have a need for him anyways

4 Likes

It WAS largely due to measurement differences but the English propaganda took advantage of it to demean his image

4 Likes

Saintquartz

17 Likes

I want Napoleon, but considering we got Summer 3 and Skadi coming, I just don’t have the quartz. I’m gonna get that boy with the SSR ticket.

5 Likes

Is his banner 100% prior to LB2 chapter opening or should it overlap? I do prefer getting to know servants before rolling for them and all I really know about him is bigger battery than arjuna and AoE np, besides larger than life proportion in the art like he’s over compensating for something.

3 Likes

I think there was overlap for the second week of his banner not sure tho

2 Likes

In JP, LB2 started five days into the fourteen day pre-release campaign. So yes, there should be sufficient overlap.

5 Likes

This is what we all secretly want:

21 Likes

I do want him as hes best Bro. But i dont realy need another Aoe Buster Archer, already got Gilgamesh and Ishtar for that. I also have Napoleon on Jp thanks to free 5 star ticket so… I might throw a few quartz at his banner just to see what happens. Also with Sigurd,Skadi,Dantes, and the new/returning summer servants right around the corner not sure if wallet kun can handle this one…

3 Likes