Wild Legendaries?

Back in November I caught an Articuno in the wild. I didn’t know much about the game and I didn’t even know it was a legendary, but now I’m amazed I found one in the wild. Is it possible for legendaries to spawn in the wild? Or was it just a glitch or something?

By the way, I’m not trying to brag or anything. I can’t 100% prove it was wild caught since I believe you could get legendaries from field research breakthroughs back in November. I just know it was wild caught and want to know how that was possible.

If it happened, then that was a glitch. The only legendaries that spawn in the wild are Azelf, Mesprit, and Uxie.

3 Likes

That proves nothing, it could be a research task and it looks like it.

Legendaries can be in Ultra balls if they were caught in a research task. Not sure if 2019 has legendary rotations as breakthroughs, however. (Better than Woobat and Larvitar of course)

Could this have potentially been from an old unclaimed research breakthrough? Aside from Azelf, Mesprit, and Uxie, legendary Pokemon have never spawned in the wild.

Edit: based on the dust/candy costs to power-up in the screenshot, this looks to be right around lvl 15, which is the level research breakthrough Mons are obtained at.

2 Likes

Was probably a breakthrough. The three legendary birds, plus Kyogre and Groudon, were available from breakthroughs in November and December last year.

1 Like

Definitely from research breakthrough.

Caught Moltres and Zapados from research breakthrough. The info on my shiny Moltres matches the info on the bottom of your Articuno except for different locations.

See

Also Niantic does mention that in blog/post that Articuno, Moltres, Zapados, etc we’re going to be Research Breakthrough. I googled it.

Hope that helps

Welcome to the forum.

No Glitch, no wild catch… you got it from the Breakthrough research during that time.

It was also the last time legendary pokemon were in Breakthrough… I started playing at the wrong time (2 months of Eevee :unamused:)

2 Likes

Thanks, if it was a glitch I’m not complaining lol

Thanks, I must’ve gotten it from the breakthrough although I remember seeing it in the wild at a certain spot. Maybe still was glitched.

It may have done one of those things where it popped up on the map after you completed the breakthrough - I know that has happened to me with other breakthroughs (though I don’t remember such with the legendary birds).

1 Like