Would it be crazy to fodder a good IV SoV Catria to optimise my Eirika? (Update)

I somehow managed to pull Catria with 9 orbs after spending the tickets and she’s -HP +Atk. I already foddered a -Res +Atk Sirius when his banner came out and I don’t regret it in practical terms since my Camus works even better than I expected now.

My Eirika would not only really appreciate a 300 SP A skill and a high cost Assist, Catria’s skills would be quite perfect for mine, especially since she’s part of my Arena core and generally supports the bonus unit. She’s already using Atk/Spd Bond 3 and everything.

This is her Arena build right now:

And this is what she normally uses outside Arena:

Strictly speaking, R Duel Infantry would be ideal for Arena scoring, but I was unable to get it. Making her stronger with a more practical premium A skill would also be nice and I would be surprised if I didn’t manage to get another Catria (and Sirius) copy at some point. For better or worse, I don’t need her, I have several strong sword fliers, especially my +10 Shiida (I know, but I have a +10 Catria too).

I’m aware this may sound like I already have my answer but I do want to know what you think. Thank you for your time.

Update: Pulled a second one, she’ll be the one foddered.

61 Atk with a psudo-true damage-glimmer? Yes. It would be crazy to fodder her. Entirely up to you.

4 Likes

Catria is pretty wack, it’s just a question of whether you like/use your Eirika enough to do it.

1 Like

Hngggh I’m conflicted :feh_notlikethis: on one hand it’s Eirika, on the other those are really good IVs on Catria. I mean if you’re already running atk/spd bond on Eirika than its probably not a bad idea. Harsh Command+ would work good too as a counter to panic.

Although to be honest I’m not so sure about your Eirika though. For one you probably want +atk instead of +spd, 46 attack is not very good these days. +atk is a super boon so it goes up to 50. Also kinda iffy on the bonds, they’re alright but I feel she might appreciate DC more. Links are alright on her I guess, personally I just run the dual rally in all modes.

My Eirika for reference

Like others have said though, Catria is really good. And those are some great IVs.

1 Like

Would it be crazy? No.

I have been playing since day 1 and nowadays I only pull on banners for skills. A premium skill on a high-investment, favorite unit is a thousand times better than on a unit that you may not use at all (unless you really like Catria) #teamdewit :arvisboneappetite:

I have many newer units that I never use after leveling up and extracting dragonflowers. They survive because they have no fodder or because I have no immediate need for their skills.

2 Likes

I’m from day 2 (strictly speaking) and although I do sometimes pull for new/special units, most of the ones I keep are because they either have no fodder I need, or I already pulled enough spare copies to be okay with keeping the copy with better IVs; this has happened with Owain and Nailah, for example.

There are some who I do use often, but I think they tend to be Legendary/Mythic units.

1 Like

Nah, I’m a Spd addict and the idea is she gets Atk from refined Sieglinde and the A skill. I could give her DC but the optimal way to do it would be foddering my last spare Nailah and I don’t intend to use her in AR. I know +Atk is very nice for Eirika but… it just doesn’t feel fine for me.

Thank you for the detailed reply.

1 Like

No problem. I am the Eirika guy after all :eirikaxmas:

1 Like

In fact, with my build, she sometimes does more damage than I’d want her to when trying to weaken enemies in Arena lol.

1 Like

With a +Atk Catria, yes, you would be insane.

4 Likes

Yep. I used to wait and see if I could pull a second copy before foddering in order to choose IVs. But now, since I have built units of all kinds, the only way to be saved would be having no fodder, or being a powerful AA counter that I could use. Attachment could work every now and then I guess.

Think about it and then pull the trigger. We know our favorites must be spoiled, specially if a skills makes them better. Catria must know this anyway, being the middle sister and stuff.

1 Like

The sacrifice showed herself.

3 Likes

:ardenwoke: :ardenwoke: :ardenwoke:

2 Likes

So say we all! :arvisboneappetite: :feh_banhammer: :maristare:

1 Like

I’d say this is the biggest reason to NOT fodder. If she’s already somewhat problematic, due to bonus unit needing the kills, it’ll only get worse.

2 Likes

Nah, she would still appreciate it outside regular Arena, and Harsh Command+ would still be extremely useful as support. The extra strength could also be useful in weakening specific targets if needed, she’s not always overkill.

1 Like

Update: I pulled another Catria, so I’m guessing there won’t be objections if I fodder the second one. I’ll keep the first one forever.

2 Likes

Rejoice, your clone will be foddered instead of you.

2 Likes

49nq75rjbxl11

2 Likes

I’m very proud of my clones, yis.

2 Likes