WTF IS the newest chapter's part 5 ending!?

I mean Freyja speaking the truth wouldn’t exactly be off the table. If anyone present knows what the allfather is like, it would be her.

And let’s be honest with ourselves, Hel probably isn’t actually gone. Everything would go to shit if that happened. That and she’s summonable.

3 Likes

Not saying she’s 100% lying, just that we should take what she says with a grain of salt. And honestly even if what she said is true I don’t think Alfonse will be gone anyway. We’ll probably find some convenient way to save him or something. I just don’t think IS would kill him off like that. I wouldn’t mind if they did purely because it would make Feh’s story significantly more interesting, but I just don’t see it happening. I guess I just have low expectations.

5 Likes

That may very well be, I’m just saying without the magic mcguffin only useable by the Summoner would Death have been defeated?

This “revelation” Freyr puts forth is merely a distraction, or makes no sense if you really think about it. Then again it is IS so thinking about the plot is highly discouraged.

3 Likes

I will say that if it is true and he really is dead, it does open up some potential for interesting plot points and character development in the future. Particularly for Sharena who now would have recently lost both her father and brother. Her whole world would be turned upside down. But I see this going either of two ways:

1. Freyja is lying and Alfonse isn’t really dead
  2. She’s telling the truth but we find a way to bring him back anyway. This in of itself could go multiple ways, the worst being we resolve it in the next chapter to end book IV. The only good I could see coming from this route is that we would probably really piss off the Allfather and would likely have to fight their forces in the future as a result. The better way imo is to have us not immediately find a way to bring him back but instead have trying to do so he the focus of the next book, with the Allfather’s forces still opposing us to try and stop us. This would be better imo since killing Alfonse and bring him back in the span of one chapter would be lazy AF on the part of IS.
8 Likes

Whatever happens, Alfonse will probably be alive

5 Likes

It makes a bit more sense now because we know they were actually getting horny for the summoner which is hardly the first time that’s happened

7 Likes

Could be but the paralogue and start of this book showed alfader is involved

2 Likes

I ended up skipping it because it was so dumb

4 Likes

What would you consider to be smart storytelling?

1 Like

It was just a shock factor sort of ending. Not my thing, good for others, it’s all opinion

4 Likes

I know it’s all opinion that’s why I was asking yours lol
What would you want for the writing to be smart?

It was a shock ending but for the most part the book has been steadily building towards this twist and is at least attempting to make interesting use of the 4th wall. Freyja has essentially been talking to us, the player this entire time

5 Likes

I don’t really know what I expect from it, it just seemed a bit oddly executed imo but I might just be reading into the twist wrong.

6 Likes

Well I think what theyre saying is this entire book has been kiran’s dream and that Freyja’s attack on the askr crew has been an attack on us the player. Freyja said mortals stopped dreaming and that meant the death of her realm and Peony said the “world of steel” - our world traded its ability to dream for modern comforts. So everything freyja has been saying, including her plot for revenge, has been directed at the player themselves

1 Like

I’m not going to get my hopes up but plenty of games have been able to do an awful lot with similar premises. When the game starts talking directly to you theres a lot that can happen

1 Like

How to defeat Freyja now that she’s omniscient

delete Feh

5 Likes

This book is BS after BS, since we are in the BS realm.

1 Like

You know I see people online being like “omg are we going to kill God (the Alfodr)?”

And I’m just like: “Killing gods or god-like is practically a FE tradition at this point. There was Ashera in RD, Fomortiis in SS, and of course many dragon gods like Medus and Duma. Almost every FE game has ended with the heroes killing some godly being.”

6 Likes

I mean we did defeat Hel… If that was such a transgression that required removal of a mere mortal I’d say we already killed a god (of sorts), now others are just gonna be another notch on Breidablik.

1 Like

7 Likes

Freyja is the new Birthright Xander. Character that tries to be sympathetic but is just an unlikable asshole instead.

2 Likes