Although it hasn’t been announced yet, whether it starts later this week or early next, I think we’re close enough that this thread has merit now, and I think we can start sharing goals/plans for the event, and later progress reports and such.
Farming setups guide can be found here: Xmas 4 Holy Samba Night Farming Guide :: Prepare the Lancers :fgo_quetzsmile:
Roll thread can be found here: Cover Your Eyes and Mute Your Sound! It's the Holy Samba Night Roll Thread!
Also there’s this guide for support lists:
As for my own plans, this will be the one and possibly only lottery event ever that I’m willing to spend rapples on, since I desperately need:
- both bronze mats from the lottery (fangs and bones)
- one silver mat from the lottery (crystals)
- hearts, which drop from 6th intensive training
- both mats dropping from the final node (claws and feathers)
I’ll enter the event with 122.5 effective gapples as well as (at least) 129 rapples, with a couple more free rapples incoming from 2 SR bond level upgrades (Jailter and Santera need less than 10K points now), login bonus, finishing the weekly missions and whatever we get from the calendar.
I also got a couple more SR and SSR lined up which should reach the next bond level over the course of the event, and the event is giving us an effective 28.5 gapples (only counting gold and silver), a few SQ and 3 bronze apples per box.
So my ‘free’ apple budget for the event should amount to a bit over 300 gapples worth of AP.
My minimum goal is 400 boxes, which thanks to FGA is actually realistic this time (on manual farming, I’d never manage much more than 200). I’ll shoot for 500+, though, and I’m willing to sacrifice one large pack of SQ for the cause, if necessary (though I’ll keep at least 15 paid SQ for the NY GSSR).
Clearing the entire shop except for monuments/pieces should happen automatically from farming 1st-6th intensive training, so I’m not worried about that.
My current roadmap:
- Clear story nodes asap
- clear the first 3 nodes once each asap
- farm 1st Intensive Training with all available 3* CEs until the 1st lottery CE can be bought
- then farm Dead Lift node until 2nd CE can be bought
- then farm 1st IT again for lottery until I’ve got 5 belts
- 1 obligatory clear of Muscle Paradise with support gacha CE (hopefully there’ll be an MLB one available)
- now farm Squat node until I can buy 3rd CE
- go back to 1st IT farming lotto currency until have another 5 belts
- run Muscle Paradise once more
- farm any mics missing for 4th CE on Squat node and buy it
- farm 1st IT a bit more with all lottery CEs equipped until I have cleared the first 10 boxes
- clear available EX match with max possible bonus
- clear next story chapter asap
- clear EX match with max possible bonus
- casually (not many apples) farm latest node with 6-slot setups (assuming I get a CE drop early enough)
- same as 2+3, but now invest enough apples to farm until respective shop currency is cleared (except pieces)
- start like days 2-5, but
- invest at least some 40-50-ish gapples worth of AP, to get lots of hearts (in addition to clearing mic shop)
- finish story, clear EX matches and CQ
- go bonkers on final node