Ya'll think there's a real chance at a Lethality, Deadeye type of special for mages?

I mean, I see no reason not to (aside from an obvious blue tome cav), but bow units have brave weapons too so I’m not too sure that would be a point against having it

I’m waiting for it to happen, but the more and more I think about it it probably won’t happen. Some of the most oppressive units in the game are magic users, and will tear your entire barracks in half without a special. Imagine that skill, however broken or balanced you want it, on Ophelia. Then change your mind.

1 Like

Unless it’s also an AoE special I probably wouldn’t even use it on her… AoE special spamming is what makes Ophelia well… Ophelia

3 Likes

Not sure…we could maybe get flare I guess

I’m just using her as an example because no matter what kind of special and no matter what cooldown it has she can insta-charge it.

3 Likes

Sure that’s true, tho if it is a 5 charge she’d need to run a CD seal, and Guard would heavily hurt her (well everyone besides anyone that can ignore Guard effects)

1 Like

If she’s on a full team of mages a 5 CD cool down would still be instant charged.

1 Like

Yes, on turn 1, after that CD would be required

1 Like

Can we (and IS) stop acting like Reinhardt is OP these days? Like yeah he’s still good but hardly the threat he used to be.

4 Likes

Well yeah but turn one is most important. In both Arena and AR if you can start off with your strongest attack, you won’t need to worry about guard or attack priority.

Bring back… The magic…

1 Like

It is… everything…

3 Likes

Even as power creep has intensified, true brave, inflict -4 Atk/Res and Grant +1 CD would still be the great equalizer.

1 Like

:feh_reinyes: add spd to that debuff while your at it, for Olwen and totally not for my Quadhart

1 Like

How about…

SPEC 4 INFLICTION

1 Like

Yes, but in AR you’ll still have more foes to deal with, who all could be even worse to deal with. Hell A.Fjorm has been very common site in AR for me and I can guarantee you that Ophelia won’t be getting that kill on her, my +8 +Atk 76 Atk Ophelia with a pre charged Luna does just enough damage to kill a +1 +Atk/Spd AFjorm with base kit no seal with no Blessings on either, no take that and imagine AFjorm with a proper kit+team comp

1 Like

I mean sure I guess, but -def wouldn’t do much for them as mages. Rather pointless aside from slightly reducing damage from bonfires and ignis wtf would the plural of ignis be I guess.

1 Like

One unit being a threat to your best unit doesn’t mean never use that unit. Almost all of my best units are threatened by Naga, Falchion, and/or bows, but the risk is still worth taking when I can completely crush everything else.

1 Like

Eitri inflicts Spec 4. It reduces bonfire damage, Dimitri’s DR, and if it’s like the rein skills, it works passively too so placement of that unit can help your other units.

1 Like

I mean, wouldn’t be the first time a unit lowered a foes Defensive stat that they don’t target

It still makes me sad that it doesn’t inflict Atk/Def on the foe

2 Likes