Your fave fire emblem game is

Deal is simple: what is your fave or worst fire emblem game.
Some simple rules:
1: it can be anything as long as fire emblem is the main focus, even fan made games and parodies, so warriors, tokyo mirage and feh is ok, but smash and project x zone 2 is not.
2: while simply saying the game name is cool, the more info the better, why do you like it so much? Fave haracter/npc, flaws, most hated character/worst character, fave chapter, etc…
3: NO HATING ON OTHERS!: everyone has their fave/worst units/chapter/games/etc and badmouthing someone because their choose is not one you agree with is just stupid. Everyone is free to have their opinions just like you do and we should respect that, so if bigboobs McGee or daddy dearest is someone’s least liked character, just deal with it and move on, or at least keep it to a civil conversation.

3 Likes

Three Houses is my favourite for sure. I’ll elaborate later.

5 Likes

inb4 Radiant Dawn from You Know Who

10 Likes

Easy : Fav GotHW for his story, chara and maps.
Blazing sword as a close second (Thoses two are my top 2, sometimes blazing is first, sometimes GotHW).

worst FE? It’s more tough. It’s beetween Shadow dragon or Radiant Dawn.
Shadow dragon casting and story is just not really good and I find the game’s maps to be average. Still solid gameplay-wise.
Radiant Dawn isn’t that bad, it’s just didn’t make it with me. I don’t know but I’m don’t really like him, the cast and plot are kinda boring for me.

6 Likes

Fire Emblem Heroes

7 Likes

Gaiden

5 Likes

Awakening. Solid story, gameplay and characters. It’s what got me hooked on the series.

6 Likes

Radiant Dawn, but with SoV as a close contender
If SoV had come out when I was younger I might have played it enough to get a better idea

5 Likes

Hi Pulsy :feh_birbpeek: :catwave:

5 Likes

Favorite: Three Houses

Least favorite: Shadows of Valentia

7 Likes

Tie between Sacred Stones and Blazing Blade.

I played Bb first and was introduced to the concept of “actions have consequences” with the permadeath feature I had never encountered before. The game was tough, much tougher than I expected considering there was no chance to “grind” or spread the wealth of experience effectively enough to make every unit good enough for the endgame.

Sacred Stones was next and improved on so many things from Bb. Added the tower and ruins for grinding, baby classes to evolve, choices of the class upgrade you wanted, and so many more maps.

Where Blazing Blade had difficulty, Sacred Stones had customization and choice.

6 Likes

Favorite: It was Shadows of Valentia but now it’s 3H

Why: I love almost all the characters, the story has some flaws but overall it is really good (at least for FE standards, there are a lot of JRPG with a better story imo) and I enjoyed the gameplay. The game also gave me a lot of faves like Edelgard, Dorothea, Constance, Seteth and Manuela

Least favorite: If I have to choose, Fates, but I think it is an okay game. I hate Birthright, Conquest’s story was bad and I only like Revelation because you can use almost all the characters. It is the only FE game I refuse to play a second time

Special mention to Awakening (my first FE and it has my favorite character, Miriel) and Sacred Stones

6 Likes

Blazing Sword (FE7) is my favorite, I grew up on it and I am of the firm belief that compared to the newer games in the series, this one still shines brightly by comparison because less is more. The lords are all great characters, the Black Fang villains in particular are very memorable and well done, and there are some noteworthy secondary cast members like Matthew and Legault with great characterizations. Gameplay-wise it may not be the most well-designed challenge, but it’s a great all-around game without hordes of skills and mechanics thrown in your face. Simple yet endearing.

My least favorite: Awakening (FE13). I haven’t played Fates so I have no right to comment on its gameplay, but to my knowledge its characters have largely followed in the footsteps of Awakening and to me that’s a bad thing. The series took a huge turn starting with Awakening (although this has been somewhat mitigated by FE3H), which in my mind pivoted to target a largely younger audience with its far more extreme characterizations and increased utilization of more modern design/character tropes (including fanservice). Awakening in particular also upped the emphasis on skills and funnels you into a mindset of wanting to turn each parent and child into a murder machine with optimal skills and stat spreads, and to me that ruins the point of such a game (the DLC obviously meant for grinding doesn’t help). Awakening’s storyline utterly falling to pieces in the second half after getting off to at least a decent start seals the deal for me. The only memorable characters for me in Awakening are Tharja, Henry and Nowi, almost every other character is either a one-trope writeoff or flat-out unimportant and uninspired to the point where I forgot about them. This is bound to catch the ire of fans of the series who either grew up on or thoroughly enjoyed Awakening’s inevitable grind-style gameplay with shallow supports (due to having to allow supports basically between every character, no two support conversations can go that deep without affecting their supports with other characters), but this is my personal take on it.

3 Likes

Lately it’s a debate between the Jugdral games, both of them have their charm like unique gameplay elements and a very engaging plot, not to mention quality aesthetics from the SNES era, choosing a winner between the two would be hard but I’m leaning a little towards Thracia 776, I like dark magic and the first playable that uses it is from this game :feh_bigbeauty:.

Worst game? That’s a tough one to decide… Shadow Dragon? I prefer the SNES version of the Akaneia subseries but the Book II remake for the NDS was a good improvement

2 Likes

I went back and forth about ten times between path of radiance and awakening and honestly I just can’t choose between the two. Both had my favorite story and characters in the series. In the end I’ll have to give it to PoR for the simple reason that it doesn’t have egg-shaped characters in battle scenes.

The worst by far is all three fates games. Boring nonsensical story, lazily rehashed clones of previous characters, exactly one character that I didn’t find painfully boring or utterly repulsive (nyx), and every single thing about camilla.

2 Likes

Fire Emblem Heroes only Fire emblem games I ever played.

2 Likes

Easily my favorite: Sacred Stones

Besides having a nice set of basic classes with branching advanced classes to allow a playstyle of your choosing, it also had a nice branching lore to it… simple and focused. The tower and ruins was a nice post game grind which also had decent replayability and loot to aquire and gave you characters you couldnt gain in main game, plus it was easy to lv 20 both basic AND advanced classes for maximum potency in an easy game which also made it easy to do with a cast of… 33 (around that) characters in main story! Lets not forget that the gba had the best sprites to offer EXPESIALLY THE CRIT ANIMATIONS!

worst FE to me has to be fates… 1) its story… like what were they smoking??? 2) god… a tree house as a home? really IS!? 3) the monsters were garbage compared to SS AND SoV creatures that ive seen so far…
But it did have SOME interesting underrated characters like Shura for example

5 Likes

It’s between Fire Emblem 6 and Fire Emblem 7.

Fire Emblem 7 was my first ever Fire Emblem game, it has the best playable cast in my opinion, many of my favorite characters are from FE7.

Fire Emblem 6 is my favorite in terms of challenge, I like both Normal and Hard mode, it has a fantastic cast of villans, its’ story was very solid and I really liked the idea of being able to save Elibe again. And of course I can’t forget the fact that it actually had a playable brigand. Anyone who played the GBA games knows that the scream is just something else lol

5 Likes

Gonna be honest,I though you didn’t liked them when you first introduced

glad we share some liked pgs tho

3 Likes

Henry is just crazy enough to like for at least a little while. His supports with Sumia were fun, and he’s really a hoot to use in battle. Sociopathic characters usually are either really saturated to the point of being boring or have a nice balancing second side, and Henry’s the latter. He isn’t done justice in Heroes though, for shame. Tharja, while being a sex icon in Awakening, actually has some intriguing aspects to her character and is largely more serious and curious than most other characters, so I have to respect that despite her attire and forced sexual appeal. Nowi, same deal–oversexualized for no reason (and is a youthful-looking dragon girl, kinda tired of seeing that by now) but has an intriguing personality and some genuinely interesting weaknesses (losing friends/mate with the passage of time, fearing being alone). Just my takeaways, at least.

4 Likes